New Bass Pro Shop Victor NY

Gonna be a big one not a dink store like Auburn 145,000 sq ft !
Hope they have enough sense to have a large selection of trolling lures and supplies

Bass Pro Shops to open New York’s first large format Outdoor World store at Fishers Ridge in Victor

Bass Pro Shops third New York store will serve nearly 2 million New York sportsmen and feature Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill.

VICTOR, N.Y.  -  Bass Pro Shops, an outdoor retailer specializing in hunting, fishing, camping and other related outdoor gear, is proud to announce plans for a new Outdoor World store in Victor, N.Y.  The Bass Pro Shops retail attraction, approximately 145,000-square-feet in size, will be located at the intersection of the New York State Thruway (Interstate 90) and State Route 96. The new Bass Pro Shops store will be the primary anchor for Fishers Ridge, a 96-acre mixed use development.  vcsPRAsset_2454_119761_30b8d629-e58b-4ba
This will be the company’s third store in New York as they currently operate stores in Auburn and Utica.  This will be the first large format store in the Empire State. 

“Placing our new store at this highly visible location near the New York State Thruway will allow us to bring Bass Pro Shops low prices and famous friendly, expert service to better serve the region’s sportsmen, women as well as the many visitors to this area each year,†said Johnny Morris, founder of Bass Pro Shops. “This retail attraction will be a tribute to the great sporting tradition and heritage of the region and a celebration of the sporting men and women of New York.â€

Centrally located between the Buffalo and Syracuse markets, Victor is part of the Rochester, N.Y. Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) which is the third largest metro area in New York. According to the 2010 census, the six-county area has a combined population of more than a million people. The state ranks third in overall participation in hunting and fishing with nearly two million people enjoying fishing and hunting. Located on the southern banks of Lake Ontario and at the western end of the Fingerlakes region, Victor provides an abundance of outdoor recreational areas. More than 90,000 vehicles will pass by the new Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World store each day enroute to the area’s many outdoor opportunities. vcsPRAsset_2454_120905_45424cd8-3932-452

“From the earliest stages of our vision for Fishers Ridge, we knew we were ideally positioned to attract best in class destination brands that entertain and excite visitors to the Finger Lakes Region,†said John DiMarco II, president of the DiMarco Group.  “Bass Prop Shops is precisely the type of attraction that will exemplify our vision for Fishers Ridge.

“Bass Pro Shops founder, Johnny Morris, insists on first class in every aspect of their operations, they support national and local conservation efforts, generously give back to the community, and will be a catalyst for other business to join Fishers Ridge.â€

Nationally, Bass Pro Shops will host more than 116 million people visiting their 85 stores and marine centers across America and Canada this year.  The average customer stays 2 ½ hours and drives an average distance of 50+ miles.  Bass Pro Shops was named by Advertising Age magazine as one of the Top 10 Hottest Brands in America along with name brands such as Old Spice, M&M’s, iPad and Droid.  Also, Bass Pro Shops has been recognized numerous times for their conservation and outdoor education efforts, as well as being recognized by J.D. Power & Associates for their customer service excellence.

“Leading off the development of Fishers Ridge with such an outstanding, award-winning retailer as Bass Pro Shops sets the bar very high for what everyone can expect to see here,†said William Durdel, president of Baldwin Real Estate Corp.  “This flagship store will feel more like a museum/art gallery and serve as a center for conservation education and family fun.
“Representing the DiMarco Group in lease negotiations with Bass Pro Shops was an absolute pleasure.  From the top down, everyone in the Bass Pro Shops organization takes great pride in their professionalism and creativity, which will be very apparent in the outstanding experience they will provide at this location.†

The Ontario County Industrial Development Agency also applauds this investment in the community.

“On behalf of the Ontario County Industrial Development Agency, we look forward to working with the DiMarco Group in developing a publicprivate partnership that will facilitate the Fishers Ridge planned development,†said Mike Manikowski OCIDA executive director.  “This transformative project will provide Ontario County and our region with a significant high-quality, mixed-use development of signature retail, hospitality, conference, high technology office and quality housing for our skilled workforce.

“We are excited to learn that Bass Pro Shops is planning a flagship Outdoor World store for Fishers Ridge. This flagship store will create high-quality permanent jobs, significant sales tax revenue and a tourism destination that will strengthen the county and regional economy.â€

Victor Store Will Feature Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and GrillvcsPRAsset_2454_119760_a0a7c8b9-7e62-4d0
The new Victor Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World will feature the popular Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill. This nautical-themed center is located within the store and features a unique design geared for family fun and dining. There will be 12 lanes, offering customers the chance to feel like they are bowling under the ocean. Casual family dining will be available in the grill where customers can dine on a variety of appetizers, sandwiches, salads and burgers.  To see the popular Uncle Buck’s Fishbowl and Grill, visit this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwMxwQuaz1w&feature=youtu.be

Bass Pro Shops unique, award-winning, mega-sized outdoor stores are known for combining retail with entertainment, conservation and outdoor education. More than just a fishing and hunting store, the Bass Pro Shops store will also offer equipment and clothing for hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping, and other related outdoor gear.  A gift and nature center features a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture. Expansive boat showrooms offer Tracker, Nitro, SunTracker, Tahoe, Grizzly and Mako boats built by Tracker Marine Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of fishing boats.     

Bass Pro Shops Dedication to Conservation
Bass Pro Shops lodge-like exteriors and outdoor-themed interiors make them popular with customers.  The outdoors feel is brought indoors through massive log and rock work, large indoor aquariums and water features stocked with native fish species as well as an extensive collection of museum quality fish and wildlife mounts.  Historic photos and exhibits will pay tribute to the region’s great outdoor heritage.

Since the beginning, Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris has been dedicated to inspiring people, especially youth and families, to love, enjoy and conserve the great outdoors. That commitment, demonstrated over the course of several decades, is a big reason why Bass Pro Shops is known as the outdoor industry’s corporate conservation leader. Bass Pro Shops’ has partnered with and supports the efforts of many organizations that work to conserve and manage the nation’s natural resources. The company’s key conservation initiatives include fish and wildlife habitat improvements, conservation and outdoor skills education, improving water quality and quality of our lakes and springs, and conservation advocacy.
Keep in Touch with Your Local Store

Victor, NY (Rochester) | Bass Pro Shops
VictorNY 

For-Stores-ship-to-store-banner.jpg
Management Team
  • Information about the management team is coming soon!

Made a trip to auburn from buffalo. What a rotton store. Picked out couple hundred$ worth of stuff. Got to check out. Every. And i mean every item came up full price. None matched on line price. Cashier had to find each item in the catalog so i could get ad prices. I was furious. I stopped her halfway through and left. Bass pro gouges you for going to the store. I know why. The same reason CVS doesnt change their sale prices. They make a fortune. Its the same as stealing. Bass pro blows. Polor opposite...cabelas. bargin cave. Their people go out of their way to price match. Store sales are real deals. If youve never been, go see the new cabelas in buffalo.

I really think this will be a flagship store so i am excited about it but i fear it will be more of a show stopper than catering to the local fisherman and hunting community. So basically just general items at an increased rate. I really hope i am completely wrong and its a fantastic store with great lakes and fingerl lakes selection of gear regular stocked but I feel i still will get a better selection from local shops, that is where my money will still continue to go.

As a resident of victor i also worry about the traffic that two lane rt 96 will develop. I hope the town has a plan for route 96 to widen to accomodate increased traffic through there. If anyone has drove down into the village recently they can attest to the cluster that happens at peak times.

Also Hopefully they hire management locally and the economic impact ripples through out the community with new good paying retail jobs that have sportrsman that actually know what the heck they are talking about.  Anyone know of the wage scale bps pays at???

Edited by salmonite

Cheektowaga Cabela's  tentative opening is now August 7, 2014. Located opposite of the Galleria Mall. Exit 52, expect that the I 90 will be gridlocked there opening day.

Edited by jimski2

I agree the experience at the Auburn store sucks. I went there for the first time last week and the store is humongous but when I went to check out there was only one person checking people out and there ere about a dozen employees just milling around and doing totally bogus stuff (just pawing at items appearing to be doing something and when I finally checked out there were three employees outside the store milling around and not doing anything.  If I were a consultant evaluating the store they would be short some staff after I left for starters. The store is poorly run.

Edited by Sk8man

I agree with everything and would like to add that there is one trade secret item I get there and only there but other than that I take the wife and kids and we shop for crafts for family gifts.  The store can not keep up with simple demand on average items.  What good is it if I can get the same item for a fraction on amazon?

I kind of disagree with the comments about the talent at the store.  I am not saying across the board but in general I have had some good conversations with the staff in the past.