Seneca Perch. Top Secret !

OK this is not Nuclear technology Im asking for. Just a few Seneca Perch reports although it might as well be, Id problably get more info on Nuclear technology! Can anybody break the silence and tell me how and if they have been hitting on Seneca before I make the 150 mile round trip and 50 bucks worth of gas. I know the weather has not been great but anything would be appreciated. I feel foolish for even asking because usually the answer is..........silence BP

Yes, the perch are hitting on Seneca Lake. If you have fished the lake in past seasons, those patterns that have produced for you in the past will probably reward you again. The run happens every year, everyone knows it does, but nobody wants to talk about it. I can't quite figure it out either.

Check the board Myfishfinder.com. There is more reference to this on there.

Good Luck,

Grady

for 3 times for the same cost

What the heck are you saying? This is a perfect example of what happens when Ray's wife walks in on him and he's surfing the "all man" sites and he tries to hide it like he's on the fishing site :shock: :shock: :$:$:lol:;)

Get off the computer and get on that kicker!

I live just north of Sampson on the east side and watch the perch guys every morning while I drink my coffee. Do these guys have jobs? Maybe 2nd shifters.

I can tell you that they've been at it hard about 3 weeks now near me. The hot spots seem to move around a lot, and about half the boats have been going deeper lately- to about 25 feet of water.

About 2 weeks ago (whenever that brief melt was), I saw a boat stealthily reeling in fish after fish. Haven't seen any of them sit on a good school since. But that doesn't stop some of them from fishing the same spot for a long while.

Sorry, can't quite see what's working via binocs.

We've been hitting Seneca the past three weekends with good results. Up til a week ago, most of the fish have been off deep drops on small presentations, and most of them were males up to 14". Last weekend, more big females were showing up, but we still didn't do much in 17-22 fow on the flats. The fish are moving though, and as remarked here, they do similar things every year. Very predictable. So get on them! Good luck.

Gator

Very predictable, I said...and we couldn't find them last year the week prior to the Perchmaster, either:)

Sunday was a beautiful day on the water with the new rig (17' Mr. Pike), but other than half-a-dozen Kobes, we didn't do much. It sounds like they're in transition, as most of the big schools that folks were on the past few weeks are gone. It's a fresh playing field, now. Good luck.

Gator