Wannetta opener

It was nice to meet you out there, it's too bad we couldn't chat a little more at the launch but it was starting to get hectic.  It was definitely not an easy day yesterday or friday while we were chasing pike and tigers for that matter.  I'm glad you were able to find a couple and thats great your buddy got his first, one of my buddies got his first as well, third season was a charm for him....haha.

Fished with Jim in my boat. Used Jim's truck to tow it, the Grumman with kicker motor. Didn't get started till about 10:30 and fished till dusk.. Seems like everyone was having a hard time getting the fish to cooperate.

Jim got one 35"r trolling a spoon. Didn't get a picture because it wouldn't hold still for the pose, it bit JIm's finger and he had to dump it overboard to to keep it from droping on the floor.

brent fingar, I think we talked to you yesterday but I'm not sure I know your real name.

old man, I know who you are but if we talked to you yesterday, I didn't recognize you.

Tigerhunter, I might have met you but I'm not sure who you are or if we talked to you yesterday. I might have met you at the Otisco tiger tourney.

I have a hard enough time connecting names and faces, and then adding LOU name to the mix makes it even worse. Eventually I figure it out. :lol:  Even when I cross paths with someone on the water, I might not recognize them except by their boat or voice (my eyes are not the greatest these days and glare from glasses makes it worse). Rain gear and winter gear or wierd hats  :bandit:  makes it tougher or sometimes easier (Clint at Otisco).

Steve

Edited by muskiedreams

I horrible with names as well I did talk to a bunch of you guys yesterday and it takes me awhile to match names with faces I'm the guy with the Black and Tan lund I mostly fish wannetta during the week the opener was my 2 st weekend trip as I own a pizza joint in Hport and work all weekend but managed to get out for the opener if any of you guys stop in the shop and I don't recognize u just yell at me and say you are a LOU musky guy and we can swap musky tales

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wasn't there saturday,sorry if i gave the impression i was. Like brent,i'm in the food biz and saturday off is a tall order for me. I usually get out mid week. I have a white champion. I catch a couple at waneta every year but it's never easy. I think every fish in the lake has been caught twice and are leery of my offerings.

My boat was the old white Starcraft with 4 clowns and a brindle boxer in it. I was at otisco on the tourney day but had a wedding to go to so only fished for a couple hours. We did speak with someone at the launch about 11pm Friday night but not sure who it was...we chatted about some LED lights I put in my boat.