Hey all,

Taking my neighbors 6 year old daughter and 9 year old son out tomorrow out of IBay for a couple hours before their baseball. Wondering if there are any browns in close or what the best shot is to get the girl her first Lake O fish given it sounds like things are a bit slow the last couple days from reports.. Only have a couple hours and won't be on the water until 9. Your help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Bruce

9am is a little late...I would start in 150fow and head north. When you mark fish target them. All my fish have been coming 60ft down or higher. Lead core has been good too 5 and 10 color. Cheat riggers lots of fish up high. Things are cooling off this weekend as far as bite. Good luck....

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks. I know it is a late start at 9 but we went and the young lady got her first salmon - small but very managable for her first time lake fishing. She said as we were coming in - "I think I am available next Sunday and maybe Saturday... "

Only had about an hour and a half to fish. Opted for the between waters and probably should have stayed in close or run out to 400+ but was not sure how she would fair on the water. Guess her statement would indicate - just fine !

Bruce

Nice going Bruce and you never know the full extent of the impact of exposing kids to that kind of experience. and those memories may last a lifetime. I still remember every detasil of my first fish (a 12 inch smallmouth) caught fishing from shore with my dad and despite the thousands of fish since then I still remember every thing about that day the spot and the look on my dads face when I got it in....I was 4 years old! :yes: