seneca sat evening

so left the house around 1:30 debated either north end or sampson all the way to the lake setteled on sampson.  Had my buddy with me so we heade straight across just for somehting differentt as i've never fishesed the west shorline in the middle.  got to about 450 fow and the dipsey fires and before i get to the rod the other one is out fish is gone and the two lines are all tangled up in the process of pulling them in the 50 rigger with an alpha alwye fires and we pull in a 7lb laker.  get the the dispseys in and its just a mess so i cut a bunch of lines and pull out another set of leaders and re set thank god I keep a coupel tied. nothing on the west side. marked some bait surface temp was 66 but no fish.  turned back across and about the middle had another rip on the 50 rigger same spoon nothing home.  got all the way to the east side with no more action so i changed the dipsey to a differnt spin dr and with in 10 mins pulled another laer white nuc glow with a no seee um fly.  would take 3 more fish on that with two other knock offs.  the alpha alwye would go up 4 more times with no one home what the heck.  Based on some advise from a previous post on the last pass across the launch i set out a seth green rig.  I thought i saw it bounce 3 times but each time couldnt feel a fish on it.  on the way in picking it up there were two small lakers hangin on it so a quasi double.  undecided if i like the rig but it caught two small fish in 30 mins so it gets another chance all fish hit something with white in it today 120 was the best depth but  a couple hits in no mans land over deep water.  two of the lakers were under 15 inches there are the smallest i've gotten out of seneca the rest the average 4-7 pound range not a terrible day overall .  sorry to the  boat I got a little close to at a bad angle on the east shorre was fighting a fish and getting pinched by the depth at the same time.  was trying to net and wasnt looking forward for a min. 

Nice report , I had a deal with a guy the other day just the two of us out there............. we were coming south he was coming north , I was busy in the back clearing/cleaning lines and my buddy was driving..... said what about this guy coming looked over my shoulder saw he was in closer to shore than we were so I said let him have the inside just give him some room because of shoals and such...... so he kept going out some and that guy would come out some.....anyway not sure if the guy made a hard turn to let us know he wanted the outside or not but you get to a point of no return...... we were about 5 boat lengths away from the guy ( he's alone ) and he turns into us.............move some more and he keeps coming..... so me being me yell WTF give us some room before you drive over our spread........... he yells back YOU BEEN cutting my turn off all along....... I just throw my hands up..... heck a few minutes and we both could have gone merrily on our way...... If it looked like we were cutting ya off bud we wanted the inside and were just trying to give you room what can I say !!!!!

The moral of the story is:  being a good samaritan doesn't always work :lol:  There's always at least one yahoo in the crowd Ed.

It would be nice if guys would commit to a line and NOT zig zag when approaching another troller! I always go for deep water...had a bad experience trying to hold the drop off and ran everything a ground...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

yeah I think he could have turned out and given some room but at the same time I was untangling the net while by buddy was fighting the fish and we definatly did some zig zags that were not normal it happens when your going into the waves He only yelled once and I think it was to make sure I saw him i just know from his perspective i was deffinatly a dick

Had a sail boat last week cut in front of my bow and then did a 90 degree turn back into me and aimed  directly at me - well all my flat lines were toast because at the last minute and after I started to yell because I though he was going to ram me he went past my stern 10 feet from. Now he and his friends were laughing think their stunt us funny till my lines grabbed there boat at various location like the mask, keel and bow and the lures flashing by their faces - I wish I had got his numbers because things like that are dangerous and un-called for - he did that move to impress his sailor buddies at my expense - it was one of the rudes moves this year for me. I lost 1000 feet of wire, a 10 color core and 2 mono flat lines. Thanks mister RAG BAGGER!!!!

Edited by pschauf

Ed,

That same scenario has happened quite a few times to me on Seneca. The thing that kills me is that by cutting across your bow (on a north troll/you on a south) you are in his "right hand rule" zone making HIM the giveway boat. What are you going to do?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Man, some of you may remember back in the day of the ESLO derbys for the first several years after they started. Out of Rochester there would be many dozens of boats trolling around within yards of one another. Talking about annoying and dangerous close encounters...... :(  :doh::headbang::dull:

Edited by panfisher