Sonar-Chartplotter shopping

I'm in the market for a new combo unit in the 7" to 8" size range for Lake Ontario fishing.

Looking at Lowrance, Garmin, Hummingbird and Raymarine.  Any personal experience/opinions would be appreciated.

Raymarine, anyone??

We like Lowrance, but it's really personal preference, what you can get the best deal on and whether you need to have the latest, greatest unit out there. Some good deals right now on the HDS 7 Gen 2...I think they're phasing out in favor of the touch models? I fished on a Ranger with three 1197s last week, but $$$ twice the price of the HDS7. The 859 is also very reasonable...

It really is preference and budget. There are small differences between them but ultimately it's up to

It's a lot of money and I'd recommend taking a day or two to play with units.

I really don't think you can go wrong with any brand. It is just personal preference. For what it's worth I find navigating Humminbird menus a little difficult but it's probably because I am used to a lowrance/Simrad layout. I'm a big fan of touch screens if you can swing it.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bayofquintecharters

I have a new in box never opened Raymarine A78 MFD with Down Vision Transom Transducer for sale for $1000.

Sells in Bass Pro Shops for $1549.

Best price online I could find is $1399.

Includes transom mount transducer with down imaging and chirp technology.

GPS mapping, precision chart plotting, blue tooth. Photo realistic images of structure and fish.

Touch screen 7" display. 

Will ship at no charge UPS ground or you can pick up in Oswego.