Seneca, 6-21

Well, I had my very first set of clients return Saturday. What a beautiful morning on the lake and to top it off. A great day of fishing. I had Joe Joe with me. We set up the usual spread, dipsy, riggers, cores and coppers.

Running mostly finger lakes tackle today testing out some new spoons.

We worked the same area as last week hitting fish all day long. Today was a day for big boys and glad these two spent their anniversary with us!

We have two slobs in the below photos, one just under 14 and the other around 11 or so!!

Here's a few shots from the day!

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-145590-14034581188147_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14034581281684_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14034581381622_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14034581463283_thumb.jpg

post-145590-14034581542184_thumb.jpg

Nice going Nick and Joe. It is always great when  the fish turn on too  and you can turn folks into "happy campers" WTG (repeat business is always a high compliment too) :yes:

Geez that would have been a good prank on Nick....post the pic (for a "friend") list them for $20 and give Nick's phone number :lol:

Too slow. That's OK for Lakers down deep as they get some action. However I run these from 65 up to top water at speeds of 2.0 to 3 at the ball.. I target silvers mostly. The Lakers are just a perk to keep rods moving. Guys tell me all the time its too fast. It works! Proven. Even the Lakers hit at those speeds. I believe the big one we got was at 2.2 down fifty or so and Joe was bringing the rigger off bottom which means that fish was hauling to Chase the speed and rise in in depth change to hit it.

Don't be afraid to run fast. I had to change a lot of my spread for them to work. Best decision ever. I don't lose paint anymore, just lures to big fish!!!!

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

the alphas have been my most consistant producer the last two years as well I usally run it in the top 50 it is the only lure that has caught a grand slam on its own for me (not in one day).  I always start with one of those and a blue dolphin out.  I get another one with every batch of spoons i get but my collections is nowhare near lakebounds......yet

For those wanting to go slower than 2, use the lighter blanks. I don't troll so I can't "prove" that. But my "good" guys report back with all the info on speeds. Laughter blanks can get down to roughly 1.4-1.5. I went out with rabbit last summer, I believe he turned the boat off all let the spoons sit like lice bait and they took fish....

Yep Bob , trolling 2.2 to 2.5 see marks on depthfinder  using trollmaster put it in idle for a bit let spoons flutter down , put it back at trolling speed.....BAM....fish on !!!!

Bob give me a yell when your ready for another ride.....fun day last time !!!!!!

For those wanting to go slower than 2, use the lighter blanks. I don't troll so I can't "prove" that. But my "good" guys report back with all the info on speeds. Laughter blanks can get down to roughly 1.4-1.5. I went out with rabbit last summer, I believe he turned the boat off all let the spoons sit like lice bait and they took fish....

for someone who doesnt troll you make one heck of a trolling bait.