Owasco weekend with personal bests!

Started the weekend early by taking off on Friday, and man did it pay off. We only landed 4 small lakers but gained valuable information for the derby.

Saturday: Left the dock at 5 and started setting lines at 5:30. After 6 is when all the action happened, from then on I couldn't keep more then 3 lines in the water. We went on to Land a total of 10 lakers and 2 browns. The first brown was just shy of 6lbs and our biggest by far. We also ended up landing the first place laker that weighed in at 8.5lbs. Every rod took a fish, and we quit by 8.

Sunday: Left the dock at the same time and made it to our spot by 5:30. As soon as I set the 1st rigger and reached for the 2nd rod we were hooked up. The action was fast and furious for an hour or so and again every rod took a fish. We quit by 7 with a total of 8 small lakers and several near collisions by fellow fishermen... Anyway, we had our best weekend ever and I couldn't be more happy with the results. I hope everyone had fun too. post-149977-14034812765085_thumb.jpgpost-149977-14034812942584_thumb.jpgpost-149977-14034813127729_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

GREAT Job!  It's exciting to hear great reports. 

We didn't fair as well, but for a beginner I was satisfied.  We started out on the west shore around 6:00.  Within the first hour we hooked up with a pretty nice 20 inch Rainbow!  We also caught a small Laker, but unfortunately after that the depth finder started acting up.  Not exactly sure what's going on, it just stopped reading the bottom.  Everything else worked fine, except the sonar.  I checked to see if anything was obstructing the transponder, but it seemed clear???  Who knows.

Anyway - Great Job Alex!