Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
youngknight

Two sonar transducers on the stern

I am in the market for a sonar for the bow of my boat to go on my minnkota powerdrive v2 with ipilot....just got the motor last year so would like to add a sonar up front for obvious reasons.  However, I use my boat for trolling and downrigging even more. So, since I will not need my transducer up front..the motor has the built in transducer and I Just need an adapter, I was thinking, hey, if I could mount another transducers on the back and a quick release mount at the back near my downriggers, it would make life so much easier with the downriggers instead of always jumping ahead to see the depth...I fish a lot in GEorgina Bay where depths can change quite a bit and quickly.  However, will the transducers on the back interfere with each other,...they will have to be right beside each other as I have a kicker on my port side. 

Hopefully your transducers are dual frequencies. For instance 200/83 or 200/ 50 etc. If so, you can run them in different frequencies to eliminate interference.