Track system recommendation

I am in the process of purchasing a new boat and was wondering if I could get some suggestions on which track system would be the best to get. I am looking to mount one downrigger on each side and enough rod holders to fish dipseys and a planer setup. I want a track system so that I can have the flexibility of taking everything off when I am not fishing so that I can use the boat to just cruise around. I am between two boats, both are very similar, a Pro-line 30 walk with twin outboards or a Wellcraft 290 Coastal with twin outboards. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just set up a new to me boat and I also wanted to go with a track system. The 6 boats I had before this all got bolted to the gunnels except my Trophy which I used the recessed rodholders to mount everything. That said, I'm glad I went with a track system on this one. Much neater and it gives you a lot of options for equipment. I went with Traxstech. I know there's others and someone will have a good reason why not to use Traxstech and to use one of the others. I can tell you the Traxstech are quality made and they look great. They seem to be built tough. From what I read they have great customer service. I don't know because I haven't had to use it. I bought their tracks, rodholders and there swivel bases for my riggers. All of it is good quality stuff. I did however by Berts ratcheting Dipsy rodholders because Traxstech was to pricey for me. The Berts are nice rodholders. If you go to the video section on this site I had put a video up under first shot at editing gopro footage. You can see my track setup in that video. The entire setup cost me around $800 and that includes the tool/cupholder and short track with rodholder on the transom. As far as the boats, I bought a Baha with twin ob's. I love the ob's. My boat had a bracket which is nice because it gives you the extra room in the back of the boat. I had looked at the Coastals and didn't like the lost space with the built in bracket but going the size you're looking at you'll still have plenty of room. Good luck. 

Total Chaos

Track systems are great for the flexibility that they offer. I use my boat on lake O and the Jersey Shore. I run 4 riggers , 2 dipseys plus planers. 20 minutes and I can have everything off the boat. I went with Bert's tracks with 8 ratching rod holders. I love being able to put anything wherever I want for the days program. I believe some of these different systems components are interchangable but I'm not tottally sure about that. Its one decision I dont regret when I set up the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

All the track systems are pretty similar and perform well. Cisco brand puts a little extra work into the finishing of the track ends and overall looks a little nicer, but you pay a little more for the extra effort and attention that takes.

I also just out fitted my new to me 2600 striper with a complete trax tech set up,  solid quality,   I went with 5' long tracks on each side, two swivel rigger mounts, and rod holders,  I also run two dippsys and three planer rods per side.   I love this set up.

Good luck with yours Rick

I want to thank everyone for their replies. As always, this forum is full of people with tons of knowledge and experience that are willing to share. It looks like I'm leaning towards the Traxtech as opposed to the Cisco systems. It seems that overall the Traxtech has pretty positive reviews and they are a bit less expensive which is always good. Cant wait to get the boat so I can measure it up and place an order! I hope to bloody up the deck this august!

Cisco makes a far superior track. Their attention to detail and designing in features that other tracks lack makes them hard to beat. Is that worth the extra few dollars? To me, YES!!!

Jeff's customer service sucks. I ordered custom mast over the winter and never got them. Lied to me every time I called. I'm not the only one either. He's a disrespectful jerk off and you can tell him Scott said so. Its a long story I WILL be telling on this forum on another day.

Call Northwoods outlet in Michigan. They have Berts track and rod holders listed on their website but not all lengths. If you call they will get your order over the phone, and the best price you will find. I bought (2) 24" tracks and (6) ratcheting rod holders for around $450.

A buddy of mine contacted Traxtech about a setup on his boat and he has had tough luck with their customer service. He is willing to buy product from them and they don't seem to care.

Exactly. With all these forums nowadays, why would a company risk having bad pub spread like wildfire?

I agree Silver Fox. I'll be honest, I was going to go with Traxtech but with all of the talk here it swayed me to Cisco for sure. Oh, the power of the forum!

I agree Silver Fox. I'll be honest, I was going to go with Traxtech but with all of the talk here it swayed me to Cisco for sure. Oh, the power of the forum!

I'd be very surprised if you were not completely satisfied you made that choice.

I can't say anything bad about Traxstech myself. They have warranteed anything I needed and shipped everything I've ordered even as recent as 2 weeks ago. They've warranteed planer reel spools and a couple rod holders that were produced "pre-press fit" when the tubes were adhered in place. I always end up talking to Melody.

I like traxstexh for their accessories (BBQ mount, cup holders etc) but I prefer Cisco for the rod holders and tracks.

The Cisco cradle dipsys holder is by far the best on the market in my opinion. Yes they are not cheap but neither is buying two lower quality ones and neither is the combo it holds.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now,  when I called traxtech company to price the complete set-up for my boat, the girl on the phone was very nice, priced the 5' tracks, 8 adjustable holders, and two swivel rigger bases.  This complete boat set was discounted and as I compared prices on the net were in line.  I say call traxtech, good quality, fair price,  I love mine.

post-148502-0-69045300-1403830101_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...