River bass

Xellent Kevin.....And you are absolutely right about having them go airborne!! Were you using topwaters? Summertime, especially when it's calm or very light wind is prime for topwater bass action..... :yes:  I like floating minnow baits that swim under when steadily pulled.....

I've caught them on top waters and it is a blast. I should have tried today as I had a Pop R rigged but never got around to throwing it. Hitting then on Senkos but did hit a couple on a small crank bait today. Next trip I'm taking light rod with 6 lb. test just to have fun. Those 3-4 pounders are a blast and I really don't need to keep many more.

Man....I'm just a little jealous of you guys who stay up near the St. Lawrence area. Where I am really great fishing is close by in all directions... the fingers, the canal, south shore of the Big O.........there is something I really love about the east side of Ontario and "the Larry" (hope y'all don't take offense to that kinda' cheesy sounding name). But I can say the same about some of the area around the Big Apple region. And a few other out of state areas. Ah....makes those vacation trip decisions just a little more intense..... :thinking:

Fished Chippewa Bay again this morning and the bite has slowed. Still should have limited out by 9:30 but I lost 3 nice smallmouth when they jumped. Not getting them on shallow beds anymore but if you work the shoal edges in 6- 12 fow you can still scratch out a nice catch.