Hi Everyone Great Forum

Hello my name is Mike (Slip), although i have been around many a lake in my day, I am new to the Great lakes Fishing scene.

My parent were Hunting and Fishing outfitters in the North Eastern Canada so I have spent alot of time on fresh water

chasing lakers. I moved to the USA 20 years ago because of work and fishing has been a few times a year event. Like

alot of other people after turning 50 and experiencing what some call a (Midlife Crisis) I bought a new boat and plan

to use it. i have always had a passion for downrigger fishing and what beter place to do than Lake Ontario.

This forum does look very informative and I plan on taking advantage of all the knowledge available. Travelling

From Eastern PA i guess the abvious place to dock would be the Oswego and Watertown areas. Any info on public launches,

docking and accomidations in these areas would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to making new friends and sharing Information.

Cheers

Slip

Edited by slip61

Welcome to the site. There is a lot of great info here and the people to help you out. Ask away. As stated above I would also look at Fair Haven and Mexico bay. Both have great state ramps. Although I have not been at Oswego, I understand they have a cleaning station which is a big plus.

Good luck and tight lines.

I live in the Bangor area, and yes i would be looking for a place to stay with secure parking for my rig, with money not being as big an issue as my wife and daughter being happy. LMAO