Sandy 6/22 and 6/23 - derby fish

6/22
Left the creek at 515 and stayed in close for browns. We did 5 browns in the first hour and gave up due to the excessive amount of green moss floating and fouling everything up. We ran out to 150 fow and set up for kings. In the first 10 minutes, a rod parked at 35 fired with a small king. 10 minutes later, the rod parked at 50 with a NBK, took off and a nice ariel show followed. We ended up boating a 12lb 9 oz steelhead. After not moving a rod for an hour, we headed to the laker grounds. We found a blank screen on all of my usual weight points. We tried one last spot and found a ton of active lakers. We did a bunch of fish but the biggest we could find was 15lbs 12oz. By the end of the day, the steelhead and laker made the board.

6/23
We started the day inside looking for browns again and pulled one fish quickly before abandoning the program due to moss again. Today it was not all over the surface but it was stratified throughout the water column! We ran out to laker waters and caught a good number of lakers including a 20lb 8oz. laker that currently sits in 3rd place.

Edited by GAMBLER

way to go Brian!  I just missed the steelhead board with a nice 9-9.5lber that was more fun to catch than anything.  It went back in the drink to fat-n-up....maybe 10 lbs in a couple weeks! :)  Great fish

way to go Brian!  I just missed the steelhead board with a nice 9-9.5lber that was more fun to catch than anything.  It went back in the drink to fat-n-up....maybe 10 lbs in a couple weeks! :)  Great fish

Thanks!  There are a lot of steelhead in that 7 - 10lb range this year.  During the Oak Orchard Open we caught a bunch of that sized steelhead.  The next couple seasons look promising for big steelhead!