Used Etec with warranty used in Canada goes for around 10 ish

Honda kicker with ap used value approx 3000

Bert's rod holders retail 1000

Rocket launcher retail 1500

Hds and radar and networking electronics 4000 plus new

All new wiring bilge pumps batteries breaker panel 600 plus

Down riggers 800 used

Plus more

I'm not blind I realize to sell a boat this rigged is gonna be difficult because there are cheaper alternatives out there but if someone wants an islander that's fully rigged with quality gear and they don't wanna have to put the rigging time in themselves and actually fish it then someone will make an offer! And if not i'll keep it and keep smiling!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This boat was orig licensed in Michigan and still has a Michigan title ... Because Canada just issues a new Canadian title and leaves me with the USA version!

Nice rig, some people really aren't aware just what a next to new outboard costs these days. Finding rigs with recent upgraded 4 strokes or Etecs are not laying around every corner. Rig is worth 25 for starters, add ons usually take a beating. Etecs usually don't get the resale value they should. Good luck with sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems way under powered to me.  I have a 200 Optimax on my 20 foot Tundra, and this thing is 2 feet longer, with a cuddy cabin, and is rated for a 235!!  Why would you even think of putting a 150 HP outboard on a 22 foot boat??  I think your asking price would be in the ballpark if you had a 235 on it, but way too high for a 150.  I also think your kicker motor is awkward with a tiller handle.  Why wouldn't you have it installed inline with the steering wheel and main motor, with throttle controls by the steering column? With having to change out the main motor, and re-aligning the kicker motor, I would only offer you $12,000 Canadian for that rig.  Just my opinion, but there are boats on here that are twice what yours is for half the price.  :)

Edited by John Kelley

OK I get it this seems high for many people south of the border... I think theres a few factors that most are not considering... exchange rate between cdn and usd being the biggest difference. However I have to say I'm not understanding some of the values people are placing on things... 

I started to think maybe I was high so I took some time to look around on Craigslist and see what I could build this boat for if I had to do it over again...

the boat itself I had a terribly hard time finding! lots of older islanders with outboards hung off the transom, but only two that had GIL brackets extended beyond the boat. one was selling for 10 k and one for 12 k now assuming they dont get anywhere near that and they get 9 k for those boats which in my mind is not out of line.

Then we have the engine... most of those boats are sold with mid 90's 135 hp mercs so assuming you can sell that for 1500, I found several used 150 etecs with warranty selling for around 9500-11 k, some cheaper with higher hrs no warranty etc but i'm trying to compare apples to apples here... I'm guessing 9 k would buy one of those etecs with warranty but im willing to even say 8 k so with the 1500 diff you would get for punting the old merc you would have 15,500 invested this far

adding a kicker Lots of used honda's all around the 900-1000 mark and the tr1 gold I was able to find one used one listed for 1100 ... willing to call that pkg at 2000 by the time you pay shipping on items from various parts of the country. subtotal 17500

Seastar hydraulic steering upgrade 1200 approx from west marine willing to bet you find for 1000 somewhere so now we're at 18500

electronics ... assuming we're buying used hds 8- 700, sonar hub 600, radar 700, sonic hub 200 misc network pieces.. 250 total 2450.00 subtotal 20,950.00

downriggers scotty 2106  1000.00  ==21,950

great lakes planers rocket launcher... used 850.0 == 22,800

other rigging berts strips, upgraded wiring, auto trim tabs, upgraded fuse panels and switches1200.00+++, assuming you do all the labor yourself  with all this added up we're at a grand total of 24,000 usd which converts to just under 26,000 canadian dollars! I am not naive to think there's a lot of people that are gonna want this exact same setup and I realize I may have to adjust pricing and maybe remove a piece or two here and there ... but I also think there is a market for a fully rigged turn key rig and if you consider everything that's been done  and is included I'm not that far off the mark here! Especially as some of the others have said these boats are ultra rare north of the border.

has no one here ever priced an item slightly higher then what they feel its worth in order to leave haggle room?

If someone is looking for an outboard islander with warranty on their motor and lots of toys without having to work on the boat every weekend then this is not out of line IMO

That is a nice rig. Let me give you what I sold my 2000 islander 221v for.....

It was the 4.3 v 6. Show room condition. Loaded with all raymarine electronics. Sonar, chart plotter, vhf radio and auto pilot. With a brand new custom made stainless rocket launcher that also has extra rod holders and big Jon planner board reels. Set of boards and Scotty down riggers. 14k and it was gone in 3 days. Just to give you an idea of what things go for around here.

Great boat hole you do well with your sale.

RR

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I never once said this was an investment... In fact I have many more dollars into this boat than my asking price ... For the last time I'm simply asking a dollar amount that reflects the quality of the way this boat is rigged.... In a Canadian market. Perhaps our American brothers and sisters have a much better used market to buy from however it's simply not that way here in Canada.... And finally I'm still not convinced that you can put this same boat on the water on either side of the border for much less...

Not that this thread has any chance of selling now anyway but if someone is interested I'm willing to talk.

Wow, talk about beating a dead horse!!

I think we've more then established some people think the price is too high, maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The used market in canada is priced much higher then south of the border and the price reflects that. Quite simply if it's too high it won't sell, why do people need to continually tell the op he needs a reality check?

I see boats on a daily basis that are listed much higher then they are worth, I simply move on and keep looking, don't feel the need to criticize a guy for thinking his boat is worth x amount.

All though I think being so far derailed at this point it's unlikely why don't we just let the guy try and sell his very nice boat. If it doesn't sell that's his problem.

Just sayin..

All I was trying to do was give some perspective to what rigged islanders in excellent shape go for around here. The market may well be different in Canada but for 30k I can buy a 30 ft Tierra here. Just giving out info about prices. I hope he sells it for what he wants and wish him luck.

RR

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I live in Ontario and I can tell you this is overpriced.  Sure Islander's are not all over the place like Michigan or NYS, but the demand isn't as high as well.  I purchased a 2007 221V with a new trailer in NYS 2 years ago for $12495.  The boat had less than 20 hours on the engine. 

Edited by hairybumcrack

No - 4.3L I/O 220hp.  Outboard models are rare but they are certainly not worth $10K more either.  I purchased this from New York State and it was freshwater use only in 1 lake.  This boat was not rigged at all.  Here are some pics of this boat;

post-140867-0-77167200-1406468116_thumb.jpg

post-140867-0-40361900-1406468197_thumb.jpg

post-140867-0-21009100-1406468222_thumb.jpg

post-140867-0-38972500-1406468251_thumb.jpg

post-140867-0-82501700-1406468292_thumb.jpg

post-140867-0-49670200-1406468317_thumb.jpg

post-140867-0-21268600-1406468338_thumb.jpg

Edited by hairybumcrack

That's a great boat congrats. The reason I asked is to each their own. I personally wouldn't buy another I/o because I fish well into dec and have no interest in cracking a block. I also feel like having the doghouse is a giant waste of deck space on a 22 ft boat. The offshore bracket also adds safety due to increasing the length of the boat and can handle larger seas.

So to me I would pay more for an ob model. Add rigging etc to it and it quickly jumps up. Whether you would pay the money for his boat or not is irrelevant because someone somewhere may.

I know this boat very well and also know that the tr-1, kicker and etec are worth 20k by themselves. That outboard is worth more than 2x cost of your 4.3l i\o.

Stop killing someone else's thread and move on, someday you may be on the other end of this and be wishing the same.