TX-44 Super Boards... Anyone else have the problem Im having

Ok so Im running the bigger boards on outside with my full 10 color setups. Problem being that when a fish hits the board isn't dropping back and the board just keeps coming up the side of boat and crossing over the other two boards that are out. Sucks. Any tip with this would be great. Maybe Im rigging them wrong or have to twist the line in the clip. I don't know but if this continues I will be selling them. Thanks a lot and tight lines

What are you running on the inside boards? If it is shorter and shallower switch it up and put the bigger boards on the inside.  Also, when retrieving them go to the opposite corner of your boat and point your rod away from the board and that should help with keeping them from crossing your other boards. Or you could try shortening up your inside boards to give you more room while retrieving the big board.  Just  a few thoughts for what its worth.  good luck

Here's how to change a middle or outer inline planer board or bring it in with a small fish that doesn't drag it back behind the inside board:

Before reeling in any line, drop your rod tip so the line between the rod tip and board drags in the water. After 20-30 seconds, the pressure of the water on the line will drag the board back behind the inside board. Then raise your tip just enough to lift the line out of the water and bring the middle/outside board in.

It's really easy to do once you get the hang of it.

Edited by John E Powell

• 3 weeks later...