Starcraft Imperial 19'

Well for better or worse I bout and OLD StarCraft that needs a lot of love.. I've been looking for a bigger boat for a while so I don't get my butt kicked so hard out on the big lake and well.. with a good trailer under it I couldn't pass it up. It has an old 250 ci 150 horse inboard.. I plan on spending at least a year to go through it and fix it up/rebuild the inside the way I want it for trolling. Anyone's two cents or advice would be appreciated. im not really familiar with the inboard but was told that it ran well.

post-150397-0-88742600-1403619684_thumb.jpg

Did you have it on the water? Check the bellows and impeler. That is a must. I bought mine few months ago without water testing and had to change both. Not cheap!:) check usual stuff, compression, plugs, points. I also would recommend a small kicker, around 6hp for trolling. It will save you a ton of gas while trolling and will be your home ticket if the big one fails.

Boat looks good though!

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I haven't dumped her in yet but im planning on going through everything before I trust it on Ontario. I was told the boat was in the water running in 2012 but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I do have an 8 horse Chrysler kicker. im considering ripping the motor out and doing a complete overhaul.. Would it be worth it??

Read my post "Furious...great news". It should tell you something about "boat worked last season" phrases.

Put it on muffs first and see how and if it runs. Then make sure the pump works, if it does go fkr a lake trial. Close to the launch late in the night so nobody will care if you leave the trailer in the water in case you need to getnit out quick ;)

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guys 

Just remember.... when you put it on the muffs keep your RPM between 1000 and 1200 no higher!! Higher RPM can create so much suction that it will collapse a garden hose and cut off the water hence burning out your impellar. Once the impellar is damaged the suction decreases and the hose opens up returning water to your outdrive. you don't even notice it cause it happens within a minute. I'm on my 5th impellar in two years at 60$ a pop so I learned the hard way. Oh and last year before I found out my impellar was dead I blew my engine and it cost me the port side head 550$ plus a seal job 300$

If your imellar is crap you will only find out at idle in the lake. At Idle a burnt impellar does not produce suction but it does at high RPM SO if you take your boat for a spin and it doesn't overheat let it sit at idle for 20 minutes and watch it carefully. If the heat goes up pop it in nutral and rev the engine, if the heat goes down your impellar is fired... pull out the boat and do a outdrive service

Goatboy thanks for the info. that's a great technical tip. I think im going to take the safe route and go through the entire motor and outdrive this winter. I prefer to KNOW whats been done instead of sitting 3 miles out and wondering if anyone has ever rebuilt the carb.. or bored the cylinders.. or surfaced the head.. or..