chaumont bay 6-21-14

fishon

After doing so well a couple weeks ago we started off with same program. Did not even move a rod. So we decide to get out of deeper water and Go shallow. ( guffins bay) put small sticks on for bass. After a couple small bass , the most inside board goes 6-8 feet of water. 7lb eye..1:30 in afternoon with sun blazing. Work area for couple more but no luck. Finished day with small bass, rockies, chain pic.

Was in pillar point derby so ran over there to see if walleye would place. As we got there 6 lb was bottom of board but was not long when some fish close to 12 came in. Was thinking I would just make the bottom. Until one more cooler walk in at five with 4 nice ones! Think biggest bass was over 6 lbs. Lots of nice fish!!. Some came from bays and river.

It tough to be a weekend fisherman up there. Hard to find info. Lots of area to cover. But just looking at some of the fish being weighed What a excellent area to fish.

post-141343-0-53244800-1403624914_thumb.jpg

The bass that won was 6lbs. 9oz. I think.  I had a Scot's daughter's graduation so I wasn't able to fish that weekend.  When is the next time you're up?  I am going to be up till the end of August after this Saturday.  I want to get into some walleye this weekend, I'll keep you updated.

If you are lucky I might show you my mid summer honey hole...haha  :)

My normal derby buddy Reel Time took another derby win with a 12.2 eye and also landed a musky. I fished Sunday during mid day and did 5 eyes over 8 and two 11 lbers but just a little late to enter in Henderson

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This time of year the fishing can change daily but there are still a lot of fish scattered everywhere but favoring the big water now the key I found was to stay with the bait which isn't easy to do all the time but when we were on the bait the fish bit here's a picture of the 12.2post-152229-14036558808179_thumb.jpgpost-152229-14036559222351_thumb.jpg. It was nice to have that one as our second fish by 6 am

post-152229-14036554904758_thumb.jpg

post-152229-1403655613793_thumb.jpg

Nice fish! By July I start targeting small lakes up there. This year might half to keep playing out in lake. This was the best walleye fishing up there I can remember in a lot of years. The niece and nephew are coming up for July 4, hopefully get them on some perch, they like that fast action!

Joel you guys are always welcome on my boat if you ever want to just go out or don't have a boat up there.  I generally fish alone so there is always room for 4 or 5 guys.

Chas Same to you. Launching at joans was always a pain by myself. The new launch at state park makes it nice. I think some trips toward the end of July and Aug will just be me. When I know those dates I let u know.

Chas Same to you. Launching at joans was always a pain by myself. The new launch at state park makes it nice. I think some trips toward the end of July and Aug will just be me. When I know those dates I let u know.

Sounds good let me know.

Sent from my thinking car!