Furious....great news!

Kuba

They say "There's nothing more expensive than a free (or cheap) boat."

I bought my boat for cheap I knew it would need a lot of work 3 years later it's still running and hasn't sunk yet.

Oh and i did thank you for the polish sausage when ya gave it to me and when we talked on the phone ,and if ya recall I offered and had ready a 4 pack of Lobster tails,about a 2 lb bag of stone crab some florida fish and your reply was ya didnt like fish and i offered you some venison instead and you said you don't eat venison ..Pm me yer correct address and I will get the check out to ya and i also found the service manual and factory parts that came with the honda If you want them...

Ray K.

Ray,

I wouldn’t say I tinkered with the riggers. I would say I did try to make it better than you had it. You tinkered with the riggers every time you used them. You had to, since the connecting wires had to be twisted together and you used marettes. That is tinkering. I did make a post here and all my questions as per connecting these to power were answered. The way you had it it was not labeled at all. Having two electrical wires stick out how would one know how to connect these?

What I did was put an AC plug on the end wire and an AC outlet on the boat, just to make it as tinker proof as possible. Here are the pics.

2014625184216_zps03000460.jpg

Now, if you want to see more tinkering, here it is, this is your tinkering Ray, duct tape and electrical tape:

2014625184202_zps354feb4e.jpg

2014625184155_zps217144a7.jpg

Boat, I did not ask you to strip the boat. You had few sale options listed with different setup and I chose the one without the electronics. The canon dipsy holders were not on the list that’s why I asked you to include them, they were in the pictures though.  The bracket to the kicker was never mentioned, I did not even know it existed. When I asked about the one that was on the boat, yes the old one that had a 2x6 screwed into it and had 1†of play, you said you have an another one, and that you didn’t have time to put it on. There was never any mentioning of tossing anything extra into the deal. Neither the tires nor anything else. When we spoke about the boat and the trailer I CLEARLY told you that I don’t care about the trailer, as long as it makes past the border.  You said you greased the berings. These were my words.

As per money and the “second envelopeâ€. There was no second envelope. If I remember correctly I told you initially at the beginning of the week, that im swamped with work and that I will pickup the boat on Friday. On Wednesday one of my jobs got canceled + I had a very stressful day at work I called you and asked you if it was ok to come and pickup the boat that evening thus going for a drive and getting away from city BS. On the way home I called my father (you heard me talking to him about the money when I was at your place) to run to the bank and get 5500$US funds because I didn’t have time and wanted to pickup the boat that day. He got me 5000$ from the bank in an envelope, and gave me 500$ loose.

When I got to your place I said that I don’t like negotiating and rarely do, but that I am disappointed in the boat and asked if you can do anything, and pulled out the envelope where the money was forgetting about the 500$ loose my dad gave me. That’s how it was Ray. Right away I called my father and he confirmed in front of you that there was only 5000$ inside the envelope, for which I greatly apologized to you right away and gave you 5500$ from which you gave me back 250$ as a disappointment fee.

The Bellows, they had a crack that you could stick your finger in. No signs of weather as you said, but a crack. The impeller was missing two fins on one side. The spark plugs looked as if they came from a model A. Yes, the boat fired up right away.

As I was looking at this boat in your driveway I told you that im an outboard guy and I know nothing about inboards and that this will be my first one. I asked you if everything is ok with this boat, and you said “YESâ€.

BILL OF SALE – I have not mentioned your name anywhere in my rant about the bill of sale and customs. When I called you I asked you if you could specify a lower value on it, and you said “You mean for that 1000$ boat?â€.

The MO,

May 9 You said you will send the MO

Sent May 22, 2014 - 4:58 PM

No sorry will do that right now..

Sent June 05, 2014 - 9:07 PM

green switch is for the light up front ,ya shuda got the check by now my bad as i didnt mail till last friday went to po to pay extra postage

Well Ray, we do not live in a third world country. The mail is not delivered anymore using donkeys. I has been two months now Ray. No, i will not be sending you any more private messages because im just tired of doing so after so many failed attempts.

AND YES, THE ADDRESS IS CORRECT (it is not claimed, it is correct, I do infact live here with my parents and my daughter)

Downriggers –

“have one more question. I can't get one of the short downriggers to work, any tricks about these? I did install regular 110v AC outlets right beside where the holes for the downrigger wires were and put AC plugs on the downriggers. The long one works, and one short one. I checked the plug etc... it is the only one that had that rubber cap on the white fuse by the up and down switch.

Sent June 06, 2014 - 6:49 PM

their is a breaker on each rigger and fuses just above the battery on the transom

Sent June 06, 2014 - 7:57 PM

Took it apart yesterday, wires connected directly to the motor were disconnected and when i put them back on were loose and just slod off. Crimped new connectors on and hooken it up to the battery and buzzing sound came out from the motor. I will take in in on monday to get it looked at. “

Enough said.

For your information Ray (not trying to be an ass or anything) Pegasus is a male not a female. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Pegasus_a_male_or_female

Ps: I fully understand that I purchased a somewhat 30 year old boat and that as with any boats/atv/jeeps etc it is a bottom less money hole. Don’t get me wrong. But you did advertise it as “Ready to Fish†and i did ask you if the boat is OK and good to go. Am I missing something? Or maybe my polish background is interfering with the “Ready to Fish†phrase? `

So you get there

Dont really like what you see

And still buy it for a $250 discount

This is on you man... There are a lot of boats out there to choose from you were not in a rush like you needed a car the next day to get to work

Should have used a GFCI outlet due to its proximity to water !! I'm sure an electrical inspector would fail that. Lol I hate to admit that I'm Polish after seeing this thread.

Lol

I think i just figured out why Ray didnt fix the boat and wanted to off load it. Arent you moving to Florida soon Ray?

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I know I don't have an electrical background but shouldn't the downriggers have all DC connectors and fused inline?

Kuba, I do feel your pain. 2 weeks ago i blew my outdrive fishing on the jersey shore and had to be towed in. Mechanic finally got unit pulled of after 2 days of work on it due to my bellows leaking a bit and I wasn't even aware of it. Didnt even get an estimate yet

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

As far as riggers go electrical equipment will bite you in the a##. Was going to buy used Mag 10 off this site but thought it best to just buy new with warranty. Did that today as well. Hope to be back up and running by the 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Be tough to sell now .lol

What? The boat or riggers? Riggers will be sold as non working. And i will make sure the person buying them KNOWS that they are NON WORKING. As per boat, if i sell it anytime I WILL MAKE SURE all issues are stated when selling it, there is nothing hidden and everything is working well.

Somehow i dont see the guy who bought my Crestliner calling me or compaining about anything. Hes very happy and enjoying his new to him boat.

I believe bellows have a life expectancy of about 10 years. I just had to put 700 into my islander that I bought 2 summers ago. She is a 1991 original plug wires rotor plugs and rebuilt carbs but she is 24 years old and knew I would have to do those things when I bought her but the guy I bought it from had no clue that it would need to be done. Also, I just want to mention that everyone has their own idea of ready to fish etc. some people are very meticulous and organized. Some less so but seem to be just as happy. Friend or family whoever is shelling out the money should be cautious no matter what

Well I will keep this short and sweet no need for popcorn..A voltage meter thingy will tell ya + from- ,,and worse case hook up the wires if it runs backwards swap wires ,,yes i tossed in the free riggers and swivel bases and weights they did work if it just hummed you might of misalligned a shaft or spacer binding the motor.Yes my homemade 20 steering arm and linkage wernt to pretty but you thought it was cool i built one rather than spend 250.00 it works great if you dont want it take it off and buy a pretty one,,,I change spark plugs when the show signs of wear not when they get dirty,Yup the older motor brackets were made out of wood (clamping plate) and at 15 years it was worn thats why i gave ya the free 200.00 stainless one.The trailer might not be of a concern to you but i depend on a good trailer to get my Girl to the lake and back without issues..yes i did give you 2 70.00 tires for free too.For a Impeller to totally fail as you stated someone had to run it dry it was 100% when you took it...If the bellows had holes in it I would of sunk last year as i spent 2 days on the water without a drop of water in bilge..I didnt "dump" the boat due to moving next year "Lord Willing" i just have gone from 50 days of year use to about 2 seems kinda waste to let a boat sit,and it was with a heavy heart i sold her..I told you older boats need a little TLC every year but not a total rebuild..You still havent replied if the addy i sent you in the PM is the right one...It was outa kindness I offered you 300.00 for the parts not Guilt..ya know what Im gonna go to my credit union tomorrow and stop payment on the check if it hasnt been cashed yet.. and retract my offer....

Ray, if you have read the whole reply, you would have realized that the answer is there in regards to the adress and the MO. At this point it has been close to two months, so in my eyes YOU HAVE FAILED. I messaged you about it quite few times and at this point YCSIUYA. Your check has not been cashed yet, because it never got here!

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

And they lived happily ever after

THE END

This drama has been rated G for general audience.

No language. ...no violence. ...no nudity [well maybe Ray]

Please fold your seat and exit theater to the left

Thank you. ...I think:huh::unsure:

cent frum my notso smart fone