Canandaigua - Fishing slow - Fleas are starting

Fished Canandaigua on Monday AM for 3 1/2 hours.

Dropped in around 80 feet in front of German Bros. Trolled south weaving in/out form 80 to 150 feet.

Trolled to about Wegmans' place and crossed over to Pelicans point and headed north for about 2 miles.

Picked up one Laker, about 7 pounder, half way to Wegmans'. Hit a free slider watermelon spoon on a 48 rigger.

Had one other hit on rigger but nobody home.

Ran rigger at 40-50 feet with slider, 5 core and wire w/SD & fly.

Marked a ton of fish from 20 feet down to about 50 feet and a few bottom dwellers.

Picked up a small amount of fleas on wire and core. Not bad but they're starting.

That is about identical to my trolling pattern and flea result the other day along with some cotton and weeds :)

We were targeting Browns Saturday morning in 50-60 fow and the amount of Lakers that were coming up to the rigger ball was impressive. We set a waypoint on the GPS and went back for an afternoon trip at 4pm and instantly got into them jigging. We ended with 7 in the boat ranging from 5-8lbs. They are definately still hugging the bottom in the shallow drop offs. We caught lakers as shallow as 28ft right on bottom. We have not run a wire since they closed the lake over Memorial Day weekend.

Some smart fishing :yes:  They were in there the last time I was out too and rainbows as well mixed in and at that time the bait was there in quantity as well. I wasted a lot of time out deep but that is where I usually do well at this point in the season for the bows and browns and I wasn't after the lakers. The picture can change at any time now though because the lake is starting to set up and the bait will move out deeper and the fish will follow.