smart troll system

Haven't had a lot of time on the water do to my elderly parents being sick but so far smart troll system has worked good for two of the three trips to the big O. Not sure why but last trip out I lost signal from probes about one hour into fishing, called own (who I must say always answers his phone) and we were unable to get signal back, that very same day he sent a hole new system out to me. this owner has a passion and ambition for the development of this system and given time it will be the best system available. Although this new product does have some issues I think it is worth every penny to see depth and temp at my dipsy divers you can run as many as six probes at the same time. Owner is still working on speed and as soon as that becomes available I will buy a third probe. One thing I will say is that Darrell the own is definitely standing behind his product.   

Just wondering if any other smart troll owners have any thoughts or feed back on this product.  

Edited by Hooked on Kings

Haven't had a lot of time on the water do to my elderly parents being sick but so far smart troll system has worked good for two of the three trips to the big O. Not sure why but last trip out I lost signal from probes about one hour into fishing, called own (who I must say always answers his phone) and we were unable to get signal back, that very same day he sent a hole new system out to me. this owner has a passion and ambition for the development of this system and given time it will be the best system available. Although this new product does have some issues I think it is worth every penny to see depth and temp at my dipsy divers you can run as many as six probes at the same time. Owner is still working on speed and as soon as that becomes available I will buy a third probe. One thing I will say is that Darrell the own is defiantly standing behind his product.   

Just wondering if any other smart troll owners have any thoughts or feed back on this product.  

We have had pretty extensive useage of the system, and while not perfect, it does what it intends to do.   Probably the only issue that we have on occasion is RPM interference on the signal.   But, we are trolling a 454 with bags on both sides of the boat and are pushing 1000 rpms all the time.   When we drop a bag, and troll with the motor on the opposite side of the boat that the transducer is mounted, we get flawless readings (under about 700 rpm).

You have to get use to the numbers "settling in".   The new upgrade to the probes increases the communication frequency between probe and transducer, so you wait less time for updated readings..a few seconds instead of sometimes several.

The information provided however cannot have a price put on it, extremely valuable in our opinion.    The technology will only get better, and yes Darrell is behind it 100%.   Great guy and great customer service.

I started my walleye season this year with the addition of smart troll to the boat, the first few trips out I had a tough time dialling in the probes with the use if my kicker. Darrel impressed the hell outta me!!! He would call periodically to see how the system was working and offering me advice on what to do to make it better. One morning a few weeks ago I woke up to an email that said there was an update to the app, I downloaded it and tried it out a few days later.... The results were like night and day! Probes were reading instantly and I had all the confidence in the world back in my decision to move to smart troll. I've since ordered more probes and I'm using it every time out.

The interference with kicker engine seems to be rectified.. I run a 8hp Honda and against the wind on three different trips my kicker is revving in excess of 1500 rpm. I adjust my "floor" setting slightly and the probes are bang on!

I've run the probes off dipsys, riggers, off shore tackle planer boards with crank baits ( 150 ft from probe/bait) to the board and then another 160 feet from board to the boat. No issues reading the info at all! I've caught fish with the probe two feet in front of the baits as well.

The product is great and the owner is even better! Customer service A1!!!post-153374-14038362028102_thumb.jpgpost-153374-14038362211366_thumb.jpg