First trip to Ontario

I was thinking of maybe coming out to the Lake this weekend an trying to get into some kings if the wave reports look suitable for my 16' spectrum.   I am coming from the east about 3-4 hours drive and would like to know where would the best spot to put the boat in the water for free at a DEC launch if possible and get on them. Will I be able to find any kings on the east end of the lake so I don't have to drive west as far, but I will if I have to. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks.

Rochester salmon has slowed down since the bait has moved out to a more favorable zone for them. They are there, just not chewing as well with all of the bait around. The rest of the salmonoids are still biting. Steelhead action, and quality has been fantastic. That will be hard to find the prime water with the recent warmup.

if i were you id wait a few more weeks till the lake sets up.gona be hard to find them,things have been hit or miss on the east end,but my thought has always been if you dont go you have a 100% chance of catching nothing!!!!!