Luhr Jensen Lake Trolls

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple questions about Luhr Jensen lake trolls, I haven’t heard many guys on here talk about using them and was wondering if they are worth while trying out and when the best time and place to troll a large spoon behind them is? They seem like they would mimic a school of bait fish well with your spoon being in the perfect place for the strike. I have a 36â€

• 2 weeks later...

I use nothing but lake trolls and dodgers for trout. I use an 18 inch leader behind the lake troll, sometimes I use a snubber too, but not really a big deal. Then on the leader I tie a #6 gamakatsu treble hook and I have a way that I thread the worm on so the tip of his tail hangs out abot 1/4" behind the treble, and the rest covers the hook. I use a tiny tiny crochet needle, break the worm in half, stick the crochet needle inside the broken end and push it until almost all the way to the tip then poke it through, hook the needle on the leader, and slide the worm all the way down on the leader, hook up to the lake troll and then you are ready to slam em! Works for me.

IMG_0006.jpg

These were caught today on lake trolls and the above decribed setup. I wont use nothin else.