Keuka Tips

Any tips on getting into fish on Keuka?  Ill be spending a week with the In-laws on northwest branch.  Not alot of experience with this lake, and I will have a boat.  From what I can find:  Jigging over deep water for lakers, and decent smallmouth action.  Is there any structure to be found in Keuka?  Or is mostly steep drop-offs to deep water?  Thanks!

Edited by johnplav

Yeah the bluff is a great area to jig lakers this time of year. Use 3/4oz or 1oz jig heads with a schadlicious or money minnow swim bait. Kast master spoons jigged work well also. With the swim baits just drop um to the bottom and real um back in.

As of today jigging is the ONLY way to fish Keuka The fleas will prevent you from doing anything else. You should get lakers jigging near the bluff in 120 ft or so as mentioned above.

Are the fleas that bad already? If I were near Branchport, I would bonce bottom from before the south end of the "sand bar" go north at 60ft of water till i hit the cilft where gynoga creek dumps in. its very sharp and tight. turn towards the park and fish the depthline. be carefull of the mud flat, lakers 60ft and down, perch 55 ft, smalies upto 45ft. the fish on the 20ft mud flat are inactive digesting sawbelies. Where the depth sawbelies are is where the active fish feed. Ck out the cut going from about the park to chinzy point. if the stream that made it is flowing good that will attract a lot of fish. I pull hand copper, and seath green rigs.

Dick B