I'm going to Otisco over the Holiday

Patriot

Patriot, I hope you enjoy the lake as much as I do.. My advice if your coming for just the day is.... Get here early real early. Otisco is a small lake and it will be rockin and Rollin with boats, jet skis. Etc by 10am.. Let me know if I can be of assistance in your fishing prowles

Otisco is 5.4 miles long and 3/4 mi wide at its widest point. And these jet skiers sometimes have no regard for fishing boats.

I think that accounts for most pwc owners. I get it all the time. They'll drive by my inlines 10 feet away and think nothing of it. The lake I fish is done at about 11am. Then the $h@t hits the fan.

You have to find open areas....and yeah its a lot of work running lines non stop for hours. No different than the night bite after the weeds come up. You have to scout out potential spots in the day so you can find areas with less weeds. I never said it was easy :)

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The Otisco trip has been scratched. I told the wife about the pwc's and ski boats and she said, why go there if we can stay home, save money on gas and go to our local lake and have the same thing.

So now my guess is we're going to Oneida, which is even closer to Oswego. Never boat fished that either but I imagine I'll find fish.

Prob a smart decision. This coming weekend will be the busiest weekend of the summer. We won't even go out however, after that it's just the normal busy weekends that if you get on the water by 5am you'll get 5 or 6 good hours of fishing.

The boaters dont really effect walleye fishing...im off the water in the morn before they get going, and when i go back out in the afternoon and evening they are gone...but oneida is easier fishing for sure!

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yea, we figured it being the 4th weekend was the brightest of ideas. Plus we don't get out too early. However we were on the water by 8:30 today (down state Sullivan county NY)  and got a 2 man limit by 11:00. Reef Runners (800 Series Gray Ghost & Orange Peel) were hot 5 out of the 6. The other was on my homemade spoon off a rigger.

Good luck to all and thanks for the feedback

I LOVE Walleye fishing

Edited by Patriot