Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report June 28-29 2014

Headed up to the lake now...

We won't be out tonight as Mrs Ruff Rider wants to take me to dinner for my birthday.

Reports I have been hearing are similar to last weekend... very slow fishing. Shallow water brown bite is beginning to setup though, so that might be an option for some folks.

Here's last week's video of the little action we did have. I didnt have much time for editing this week, so it is kinda long.

2014Jun21:

Went out last night for couple hrs.... Worked 100 to 125 looking for active lakers. Marked a few.... Cold water and no fish. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I planned to go out at 3...but had to charge a dead battery, then got about half mile past lighthouse and saw a group with a dead battery...so towed then in. Got the lines down at 530...fished until 730. I was determined to catch those frigging things on the bottom from 120-150. Struck out there!...but dipsy took a shot and landed a 5 pound king...so i said screw the bottom and brought the riggers up and landed another small king and a nice steelhead. All spoons...200 dispy and rigger down 45. Surface temp was 65...50 feet down was 45. Good luck tomorrow!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Wow..... What to do?!? The browns are in shallow. But where are the silvers? You have any flatlines or 3 colors??? Longer leads on the riggers?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

ruff rider.......your reports are terrific and a huge help to those of us that live 5 to 8 hours away.I look forward to them because they are  a no bs actual report that saves time and $ to many of us. Hopefully things pick up soon,but your report reflects what little info is out there.Good luck and be safe.

Find the scum line in 200-300 and run some spoons on leadcore off the planer boards. ;)

I tried the scum in 250, the one in 400, nothing going in either.

160fow I am at least seeing some bait down 40!

May need to call it a day soon to go car shopping... Fusion or Malibu anyone have any input? :)

ruff rider.......your reports are terrific and a huge help to those of us that live 5 to 8 hours away.I look forward to them because they are a no bs actual report that saves time and $ to many of us. Hopefully things pick up soon,but your report reflects what little info is out there.Good luck and be safe.

Not sure they are very useful yet this year, but at least anyone struggling knows they arent alone!