Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report June 28-29 2014

When are you two going to get back out? I wanna pull the boat and fish this coming Saturday but I need to hear some good news from you first. Thanks for the reports like others have said its appreciated. Sean

As long as the weather and work cooperate we will be back out Friday morning. You aren't missing much yet. Checking my old reports, this is by far the slowest start to a season in at least the last five years.

Nick, The Ford Fusion is the way to go at Shepard Ford, Great car dealership down there. Tell them you know Kevin. Love those lines on that Fusion..

Thanks Woody. I have some messages and emails out to get quotes. Living so far away, I really don't have a lot of interest in spending weekend fishing time on the "try to buy a car for a good price" rodeo :). So if I cant get a good price by email that beats my local dealers, it will be much easier for me to buy back home.

PS. After multiple test drives, both cars are great cars. It all comes down to price really.

As long as the weather and work cooperate we will be back out Friday morning. You aren't missing much yet. Checking my old reports, this is by far the slowest start to a season in at least the last five years.

As always - thank you for your time and dedication with your live reports.

The same thing seems to happen every year, what we refer to as the so called "transition". If you want to keep a steady bite, my advice would be to abandon your historical king program and do one of three things:

1.) Fish off shore and try and find a school of steelhead feeding off some of those surface slicks we've seen lately. When you find one, you will find many

2.) Fish early and in tight for browns - and some dandies at that which are always there for the picking early

3.) Fish for lake trout - which are always there on the bottom no matter what

It can turn a no fish or one-fish day into much more fun.

Good luck,

Chris

I manage a large Chevy store in Rochester but I don't want to sell you a Malibu. You should buy from your local dealer, the place you will go to to get service. If however you pm me your zip code I would be happy to tell you what I think you should be able to purchase the vehicle for .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

As always - thank you for your time and dedication with your live reports.

The same thing seems to happen every year, what we refer to as the so called "transition". If you want to keep a steady bite, my advice would be to abandon your historical king program and do one of three things:

1.) Fish off shore and try and find a school of steelhead feeding off some of those surface slicks we've seen lately. When you find one, you will find many

2.) Fish early and in tight for browns - and some dandies at that which are always there for the picking early

3.) Fish for lake trout - which are always there on the bottom no matter what

It can turn a no fish or one-fish day into much more fun.

Good luck,

Chris

Hey Chris! We tried number one the past two weekends without much luck. We are usually pretty good at steelies too :(

I would honestly rather troll all day for one king than a limit of browns and lakers. Just my personal preference. If we had friends up or something it might be different.

The Sodus ProAm is in three weeks... if things dont change fast it will definitely be a brown trout tournament!

I registered Ruff Rider this weekend, who else is in? If you've never fished it, you really should! As long as you don't take it too serious, it can be a lot of fun!

Early on we fished 45-60 for browns.  Then slid out and looked around...hooked back in at 350.  Made it back just before the first big rain.  We got the first skunk of the year.  With the exception of a small brown that hit a slider...jumped and was gone.  We weren't shallow enough for the browns.  After hearing a Captain cleaned up in the 20 range.  The steelhead were hard to find for the first time in the last month.  And the Kings must still be in Canada or are stuffed with all the bait around.

A lot of those big browns can be in the bay itself at Sodus they often are spotted near or under a friends dock near Bonnecastle....BIG ones.

Finders Keepers is absolutely correct, the salmon will show up by and by. They are like us.....for reason's that we can not explain, we always show up! I'm headed to Barcelona after Walleye's on this most sacred of American Holiday's! Safe travels, good luck, and tight lines to you all. Have a Happy 4TH everyone!

Hopefully all the hot weather this week helps get the lake setup fast!

BTW, Chevy won over Ford in the shootout. At the end of the day, the better warranty and price won out.