Wanted wanted: fishmaster 196

Emailed him thanks! I been thinking used but they are so few and far between and starting to look at starweld 2000 pro line. Very similar layout. I love the cut outs in the back of the newer models for setting lines or extra seats if it's family time. Also about 10k cheaper

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by salmonite

Yeah that one looks spotless but worried about the 115hp, if it was a 150 for that price we might be in business . Any fishmaster owners with a 115 comment if that is enough motor for that boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Hi,

I have a 2010, 196 fish master with a 150 Yamaha 4 stroke on it.  I will go 40-45 mph.  I'd guess the 115 will go 35 mph.  It handles rough water and I like the toe rail on it when jigging or bottom bouncing in 3-4 foot waves.  I'm very happy with it and no I'm not interested in selling it.  I'll keep my eyes open for you.

I have a 1800 with a 115, it runs 37 mph with loaded shad tank and 3 people ....my buddy has a 196 with 125 saltwater , it runs about the same 37-39 mph

BUT I WANT A 196 NOW , JUST LITTLE BIT BIGGER

Edited by PolarBear

I'm with Rusty. I have a 2004 196 with 115 4stroke. 32-34 is about the fastest I get with two guys and 1/2 tank of fuel(26gallons). I'm fine with the 115. Do I wish I had more HP?....sure who wouldn't but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. The boat is not dog. It has get up and go. I have zero regrets. I fish lake Ontario and Erie.

I added a fin to the motor this year and love it.  It's a Sting ray Starfire,  No drill design.  It added 5 mph to my top end and gets me on plane faster.  I like it in rough water too.  If I trim the motor down I can cut the waves better and cruise at a higher speed.  It was worth the $75.

Check out towne marine (towne marine.com) in bloomsburg Pa. they have a new one with a 150 yamaha

I bought my fishmaster 210 from them looked at the 196 and 20 pro starweld ALL nice boats .... he will give you a fair deal I'm sure.....

I have a 2000 - 1900 Lund Pro Sport, with Yamaha F100 4 stroke.  Two guys and full tank ... 34-36 flat water.  Thinking of getting a bit larger boat, 21-25 ft.  Friend got one last year, 23 ft. with I/O, and it fishes great.  I don't do much shallow water fishing or small lake jumping anymore.  Kids are grown, And it's been great to fish out of bigger platform, without getting beat up in rough water.  I can't seem to get strong opinion on I/O vs. OB (4 stroke).  While my F100 sips fuel, my friends I/O seems to gulp it.  Any thoughts???

Bandus1,

Thanks for your vote.  My fishing partner (new I/O boat) seems to think that replacement/repair costs are better with I/O.  I'm looking at 1999  23 ft Grady with 2007 repower at 225 hp.  I may even be able to trade my Lund in with very little cash outlay.  Hard to pull the trigger though, I do love my Lund.

Close on a fishmaster but a little far apart, anyone else "thinking" about selling. Also open to other 19-20ft walk thru windshields 99 to 07ish!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by salmonite

I am considering selling mine at the end of the season.  2011 21 foot fishmaster w 200hp Yamaha 4 stroke main with around 80 hours and 9.9 hp Yamaha high thrust kicker with control king throttle control and around 350 hours.  Stainless 17 pitch Tempest Plus prop pushes it around 46 MPH top end, or about 42 MPH with top up and a full load of 4 guys and gear.   Can fish an 8 hour day on about 8 or 9 gallons of fuel.  Galvanized double axle trailer with spare, top with side curtains, and custom made canvas for trailering or storage.  Also upgraded the bilge pump to an 1100 GPH bilge and added a second 1100 GPH bilge on an auxiliary rocker switch.  Washdown pump, plus tranducer board installed. Would come with Raymarine VHF radio and antenna as well.  Really looking to gauge interest....in all likelihood though it will be for sale after Labor day.  

Not sure if I would sell it fully rigged or as stated above.