Transducer Mounting

Rigging an Islander I/O & have Bert's transducer mounting boards on starboard & port sides.  I want to mount two Lowrance transducers and a Fish Hawk transducer.  I have a kicker on the port side and one Lowrance transducer is a dual frequency, the other is not.  I am concerned with interference from the sonar transducers & Fishhawk.  Both Lowrance units are sonar/GPS combo units so the plan is to run one in full screen GPS & the other in full screen sonar giving me a backup sonar & GPS for that rainy day.  As of now, I plan to mount both Sonar transducers on the port side where the kicker is and the Fish Hawk transducer on the starboard side.  The kicker will be on a Garelick lifting braket.   

Thanks

I don't believe the Fish Hawk will interfere with the sonars at 70 khz. The two sonars should be run at different frequencies if on at same time. I would mount aall of them on the starboard side away from the turbulence of the kicker if possible.

Edited by Sk8man

I guess I'm a bit stumped then.  My old boat had the Lowrance DF, Fish Hawk & Hummingbird transducers all mounted together on the Starboard side opposite the kicker.  If I ran the Fish Hawk, it hosed the Lowrance sonar at 50 or 200 kHz.  I had to run the hummingbird for sonar & the the Lowrance for GPS only.  The cables were also completely isolated.  Sounds like there will be some trial & error?

The Fish Hawk transducer currently runs at 70 khz purposely so as not to interfere with common sonar applications so I wouldn't think it would be a problem, I f it occurs it probably would because the Lowrance unit is not selective enough or the transducer possibly to filter the signal properly. I'd try it out first before getting too far ahead of things and go from there :)

Edited by Sk8man

Was that the X4 or the old Fish Hawk 840? The 840 was famous for interference with Lowrance dual freq transducers. Haven't heard of any issues with the X4.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Bingo! Older circa 2006/2007 Fish Hawk transducer.  So, I said two lowrance units not totally true.  One Lowrance 480DF & an Eagle Fish Elite 480.  The only difference I know in the units is 4 more watts on the GPS receiver for the Lowrance, dual frequency transducer, and it will transmit & receive NMEA 0183.  I plan on using it for GPS because it will talk to the autopilot.  The Eagle 480 will be sonar.  If I turn the Fish Hawk off the Lowrance works fine but it completely rendures the Lowrance sonar useless if it is on.  This place is a great resource I knew I would get some help out here as always. 

Thanks!