I checked out the river and pier on Saturday and it was mud brown, not a soul out there in a boat or on the pier so I went to Russell where the water was blue, boats were trolling and things worked out much better. It needs to clear up behind the coast guard station.

I did the same as Checkmate, went 1 for 4 in the 3 hours I was out in waiters casting spoons. Don't know if I have more confidence in em or what, but the 5 of diamonds (yellow spoon w/ 5 red diamonds) seems to be what browns like most. Bows I found green/silver cleo works best. Fish rising everywhere, but barely biting. Trolled Wednesday w/o luck, so went in to bay and played around with the perch. I posted the results.

I did the same as Checkmate, went to russell. 1 for 4 in the 3 hours I was out in waiters casting spoons. Don't know if I have more confidence in em or what, but the 5 of diamonds (yellow spoon w/ 5 red diamonds) seems to be what browns like most. Bows I found green/silver cleo works best. Fish rising everywhere, but barely biting. Trolled Wednesday w/o luck, so went in to bay and played around with the perch. I posted the results.

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived at the pier first light, saturday beautiful morning

casted some stickbaits, in shallow, tried spoons, then spinners

well needless to say, I got skunked ;( nice to be out though

oh this was summerville, anyone else get out? was only out an hour and a half, the few guys out did not get hit while I was there.

Went off the Genesee Pier this morning, Friday April 25th, and the conditions looked ideal...Nice color to the water a a slight ripple. Worked the entire length of the pier using a Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnow and never had a hit or a bump. Fished from 7:30AM til 9:00AM. Followed that excursion by stopping over at the Braddocks jetties and didn't fair any better...Water color and conditions looked conducive, but the only fish I caught were two perch on a sinking "Gobie" rapala....I was hoping to get my boat out there, but the few boats that were cruising the shorelines didn't look like they were picking any fish up....Hope this helps....By the way, The Genny Launch was still under repair as of today....Here's wishing a good fishing season for everyone!

Hook'em

Paul

Went out Saturday morning to the Summerville Pier trying for some trout. 5 boats trolling the lake southeast of the tip of the pier. They quickly scattered and it was no wonder why. I did not get a bump or see a swirl nor anyone I talked to had any luck with the trout. So, when all else fails, I turned around, changed up my tackle and fished the river and landed a few smallmouth and some sheepshead. Hey...it was something anyway!