I was out yesterday from 6am to 1130am and we didn't move a rod. I was told there were lakers out there but we didn't get anything. I ran 4 riggers, lead core, copper  and a dipsey with spoons, flasher fly combos, and cowbells and spin and glows. We tried everything and we only saw 3 other boats out there the whole time. So we bailed out and ran inside the harbor and fished for bass. Caught a 8 1/2lb pike on a rubber worm and then we doubled up on 2 small mouth with one weighing 4.2 and the other 4.8lbs in an hour and then we called it a day. Good thing I left the bass rods on the boat as my friend was up for a graduation for the weekend from Kansas. Hitting Black Lake this afternoon and fish the bass for the evening bite. Hopefully next week the fish will show up. 

post-145915-0-59225800-1404059502_thumb.jpegpost-145915-0-50947700-1404059542_thumb.jpegI cut the pike up to make soup out of it because of the bones. The wife makes a rice and potato soup that is to die for. I made some aluminum foil boats for the bass and cooked them whole in the barbeque with butter, seasoning, sliced lemons, and rosemary from the garden. They were awesome to say the least and we fed 8 people and still had leftovers.

Went up with our own boat for first time. Friday had 3 rigger pops no fish. Saturday went out caught two lakers and small steelie on stacker. Sunday we had to leave early so we stayed in trench to try for browns even tho we heard of bad reports. Found bait in 40 feet and ended up going 5 for 8 in three hours. One brown was 20lb

post-155525-14042148855007_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Went up with our own boat for first time. Friday had 3 rigger pops no fish. Saturday went out caught two lakers and small steelie on stacker. Sunday we had to leave early so we stayed in trench to try for browns even tho we heard of bad reports. Found bait in 40 feet and ended up going 5 for 8 in three hours. One brown was 20lb

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByLake Ontario United1404214882.981091.jpg

Wow that's a wall hanger, great job of hanging in there!!!

Wow, nice Brown! Glad to hear someone having some luck in that area.

The bass fishing around Stoney and Galloo has been great but haven't seen any sign of Kings yet.

Heading to the Lanes on Thursday to at least catch a few lakers.

That is no musky. My guess is a pike with irregular pattern or possibly some type of hybrid. Very cool looking fish though... Any more pics of it?

Edited by JOE ESOX

Looking for any info or reports about fishing the trench and the "wall" area in recent days. I plan to camp at association island and hope the wind cooperates.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United