Great Tiger

You are correct that tigers are sterile. A tiger cannot reproduce. That tiger we released cannot reproduce. However, a tiger is originally created by a northern pike cross breeding with a pure muskie. This is what happened naturally, in the lake, to create the fish we released. It was not a stocked fish.

NY captures pike and muskies and cross breed them in a hatchery to create tigers. They then stock the manufactured fish in lakes. Those tigers cannot reproduce either. Two different processes... One natural and one artificially manufactured.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This is what a pure strain great lakes muskie looks like. This was a 52" I released on the same trip. One of theses pure strain muskies spawned in the lake with a northern pike to create the tiger we released. All naturally produced... Not stocked.

post-150846-14042978042171_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks again guys. I phones take great pics...I don't even use a digital camera anymore.

My biggest piece of advice for anyone who wants to try St Clair is to have realistic expectations. I've seen lots of guys come and go up there over the years. They think 50"ers and numbers of muskies are just going to jump in the boat and it's easy. They soon find out it is not and give up. It can be especially frustrating if someone else is tearing them up and you aren't. I've been going alot of years, know the lake very well, have a program pretty dialed in, and fish long hours. It's big, potentially dangerous water, and furious, hectic work to run lines, locate and stay on fish. My buddy that fishes from the other boat in our cottage and I always joke when somebody asks what our program is...the program is WORK. But, if you have a capable boat and equipment, lots of pretty colored lures, some knowledge and perseverance, it can be some of the best muskie fishing around.

"Those tigers cannot reproduce either. Two different processes... One natural and one artificially manufactured.".....Are they GMO labelled so you'll know the difference?..... :P ....Ivan...really, another big beautiful fish. You guys do seem to have it down in St. Clair. Do you pursue musky in NY waters as in that lake? And if so, have you had similar results.....?    :wondering:

I like Chautauqua and we do well there. I've also fished the St Lawrence some in the fall and have caught a couple nice ones there. I haven't ever fished anywhere else in NY for muskies.

I really just wanted to show you guys the tiger. Thanks again.