yankee troller insperation

This spring has been some tough fishing gotten some nice rainbows and a few kings and coho's but nothing consistent. This saturday me and some friends hit the water with high hopes watched the sunrise from the bluezone! It was bumpy that day and my one buddy puked a few times...poor bastard! We fished riggers, dipsy divers, flat lines, copper. Flasher, spin doctors, spoons, and body baits. 10 hours on the water and one little rainbow and the flies were insane! Not a skunk though lol!

So yankie trollers post showing lake trout inspired me. Hell if they aren't into the salmon what chance does a green horn have?!?! So a few friends over last night -none fishers- had a few too many beers leading to a late start. On the water at 8 and off the water at 12:30 ...

First fish in 65' 20# laker right of the bottom. Then the misses hits a nice laker in 75' around 8#. Then a nice 10# laker in 80'.... Well we fished from 60 to 90 and back a few times went 15 for 17 all lakers and only unfortunate one didn't make it smashed the hooks into his gills and bleed out while I was trying to revive him. 3 in experienced fisherman and boaters with me today a fish every 15 mins only lost two was a blast and insane. Everyone will be remembering this one who was out. Spoons and flash right on bottom slow trolling.

A few pics for proof

post-150577-0-20146700-1404073279_thumb.jpg

post-150577-0-37773300-1404073316_thumb.jpg

post-150577-0-47567600-1404073360_thumb.jpg

post-150577-0-33340700-1404073402_thumb.jpg

post-150577-0-16246800-1404073459_thumb.jpg

Looks like you folks had a blast. Yeah the lake trout may not be as pretty and fight like the kings but they are a hell of a lot of fun. Nice report and pics. :yes:  Les

Capt'n Richard, that's what we've always said over the years, " take what the lake gives you." How appropriate that you are featured on the cover of Great Lakes Angler, well done. Doesn't that give you "Rock Star " status. Lol..................PD :yes:

Capt'n Richard, that's what we've always said over the years, " take what the lake gives you." How appropriate that you are featured on the cover of Great Lakes Angler, well done. Doesn't that give you "Rock Star " status. Lol..................PD :yes:

No rock star here. Just a guy who likes to fish when I'm not at work.