Owasco 6/28-29

We did alittle bit of everything this weekend on Owasco.  Laker jigging was ok with 3 landed.  Jigging spoon was better Saturday, and then they were short striking it on Sunday so plastics were better.  Mid-lake and North was best, 60-70 was the better looking screen.

Tried some casting the outside edges of the weeds and even did some after-dark fishing (walleyes?) which produced nothing.  Mooneyes were still spawning on Long Point.  After all that I hooked and handed off a 17" smallie from the dock with a bobber trout magnet/garden worm combo on a spiderman pole with like 20# test, while fishing with the kids.

One interesting note:  I tried a "sabiki" rig this weekend, and they really work!  It was as easy as finding the bait, you do have to set the hook though which surprised me.  Anyone fishing with mooneyes should have one of these.  For $1.50 at Dicks it will pay for itself pretty quick.

Wife and I Fished owasco Saturday. tried trolling but lots of weeds on top and cotton down deep. Did our jigging thing and ended with 6 nice lakers and brought 4 home.Left around 11. The marina was qute busy. All caught on tubes. Will try the sabiki rig. Thanks for info.

I trolled owasco for 3 hours on fri June 27th. Started on the north end finished when I got to the bs camp. Used a 7 color , wire dipsey and a rigger. Spoons, sticks and spin drs. Had one hit on the wire, but other than that it was nothing but fleas and more fleas.

Judging from what I saw on the ff, I may have been better off jigging.

Next time !

Rusty

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app