Fin clipped fish ?

O.K. so many years ago ( yes i consider myself a old timer, i am old) we used to get a sheet of paper from the D.E.C. that pertained to fin clipped fish. They would tell us, what fish were clipped, where, and the year they did it. I guess that was when they must have CARED. Now we get NOTHING! I would love to get that info once again. The reason behind all of this was to see what we catching. Oh yea, they used to mail them to me. Now i have to research and look up on this computer what the hell i am catching with the clipped fins, to get the info to tell my clients who ask and that is IF i can find it. REALLY??????  I hope somebody from the D.E.C. pipes in.

Edited by brucehookedup

The USGS Tunison Lab in Cortland has been stocking Atlantics in and near Beaverdam Brook in the upper Salmon River. All the fish associated with this program have the adipose fin clipped. This is the first year with a realistic return of adults. I would be interested in hearing of any Atlantics caught out in the lake that are missing their adipose fins.

Also, according to the last SOL meetings, the marking trailer is going to be used on coho salmon next. I can't recall the details while writing this though.