Seneca Lake 6/30. South and North

First post and first time on Seneca Lake.

Started the morning with the sun and trolled around Catherine Creek for a few hours not one hit although my Lowrance kept chattering with everything that was underneath me.

We then headed north stopping along the way to try various spots and then ended up 3/4 of the way up on the east side fishing in 35-25ft of water where we went 2 for 2 with the ball at 24ft.

Beautiful day on the lake and I was happy to be off

post-152362-14041702167889_thumb.jpgpost-152362-1404170255216_thumb.jpg

Nice catch! noticed that you were on the big motor with it idling at a seemingly slowly speed (pic 1) what speed were you going? Spoon bite? Nice looking rig too !

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks everyone for the replies.

@NautiTroller - yeah I still had the big motor running. As for speed, we were trolling between 1.9 and 2.1 SOG. Both were caught on the same spoon, pics attached.

If anyone has any tips for me, I'll be up all week. Thank again. Lee

post-152362-1404220503952_thumb.jpg

post-152362-14042205221597_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the replies.

@NautiTroller - yeah I still had the big motor running. As for speed, we were trolling between 1.9 and 2.1 SOG. Both were caught on the same spoon, pics attached.

If anyone has any tips for me, I'll be up all week. Thank again. Lee

Move out a little deeper.  T-Cline setting up now from 40 to 50 down depending on wind.  The bait is also moving off shore and stacking up over the 100 to 160 ft range from 30 ft to 90 ft down.  Flashers and flies down deep spoons 80 and up. Will be out in am on 68 just call if your mid lake or north ill let you know what's up.  If you are launching at south end wind that boat up and hall north at least six miles, I would go more.  Then get catching them.   Good Luck and nice fish.

Nice fish....... bows like that spoon also conditions were just right for it , middle of the day lots of sun and little wind!!!! Stay on the browns they are a blast.  When you make a turn to go back thru the area do a long one getting out deeper some times you can pick up the bows or landlocks on those turns.....

Yes, yes on that thermocline! Even in Watkins today. Silver's were turned on at 45 ft. Moving North after tonight. All white lure was hot today. Ran a bunch of blk/ppl combos that are being field tested, but white caught 90%. Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app