Keuka Keuka Fishing

I am heading to Keuka Lake this Saturday (July 5th).  Can anyone tell me how the fishing is?  Particularly interested in Lakers.  Has all the rain effected the fishing at all?

Thanks!

Edited by kenF

I'm not sure if your from the Keuka Lake Area or not, but this weekend is probably the worse weekend to fish Keuka. Unless your going out real early and coming back in by 9am forget about Trolling, the rec boaters will be out by the droves. I would stay away from Keuka Lake this weekend if you want to fish.

Edited by Ryno23

Ryno23 is right it will be all over after 9-10AM because of the boat traffic and idiots but if you go anyway go early and jig for lakers (1 oz. white bucktail jig  with 4 inch ZOOM "white pearl" plastic "tubes" or ZOOM Salty Super Flukes or Swimmin Super Fluke in White Ice and White Pearl in about 120 ft right on an angle from the "Bluff Point" toward Marlena Point (Southwest of the bluff across the lake) Drift or anchor up near any you spot on your fish finder. They were suspended off bottom about 10-20 ft. the last time I was out. make sure your jig hook is very sharp. Good luck if you go.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks guys.  I will be up for the week on vacation.  I typically fish 6-8(9) am, before the family gets up.  I concerned with all the rain, it might have changed the fishing pattern.  Sounds like I can stick to my plan.  Thanks again.