I haven't been out fishing from port darlington this year yet, but I went down there on Monday to talk to the guys (mostly from Quebec) who were down for the weekend and they were all saying fishing was very slow, not much action at all. Water temp still cold and much the same across the durham area from what I can tell. Going to go out of Frenchman's bay today and see how things are, I'll get back.

Caught a 21lb king on tuesday morning around 09:30 in 100FOW in front of the cement plant. Got him on 8 colors leadcore  with orange spoon. My first king!...  Most of the guys we talked to were saying that it was really slow.

Short report, got to Frenchman's bay only to find out that the power was left on in the boat and a dead battery. Headed her back home to clean and wax, will try again tomorrow hopefully with a charged battery this time. :@

Short report, got to Frenchman's bay only to find out that the power was left on in the boat and a dead battery. Headed her back home to clean and wax, will try again tomorrow hopefully with a charged battery this time. :@

I thought i was the only one to do that ,took the battery out of the truck when fishing anyway ,live and learn.Charlie