Taking the girlfriend up to the oak this weekend and wondered if anybody has been having any luck and could give me a couple tips to get her on some fish because it's only her second trip to lake Ontario. Anything helps.

Thanks,

Brad.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The westerly winds we are having this week should set things up nicely. Look for the bait starting around 50fow and work north from there. There should be everything there-browns, kings, lakers and steelhead--all ready to eat.

Note to ALL rec anglers and part time fishermen--

"Most" charter boats have no problem with you fishing near them but PLEASE do not cut closely behind them. Most will be running multiple long copper lines that cannot be easily removed to allow you to pass 40 yards off the stern. Contrary to what some think not all the fish in the lake hang out right under charter boats.

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

And to some of the charters just because you have a bigger boat and paying clients doesn't mean you own the lake and can cut off the smaller boat... There is enough room in the lake for everyone

99 % of the charters on the lake are great as well as the weekend guys but a few bad apples on each end give both sides a black eye

Be considerate as stated you don't know what the other boat is running off the back err on the safe side and give plenty of room

Just because you have a Capt license dos not mean you can fish... Lots of weekend boats run copper too...

Taking the girlfriend up to the oak this weekend and wondered if anybody has been having any luck and could give me a couple tips to get her on some fish because it's only her second trip to lake Ontario. Anything helps.

Thanks,

Brad.

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tel the GF to bring 2 hot female friends for my brother and I and we'll let you in on all the secrets!  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:

We have struggled for 2 months now. Started out are best season ever in April, but that's gone to the way side. Hopefully it pops this weekend. I'm in the same boat taking the wife this weekend and if worst comes to worst try for Lakers. We got a big one last weekend on are 10 color off the board with a Orange Moonshine. Good luck!

Heck I'll fly you in twins from Vegas for your secrets! 8)

They will be right at home on the Yankee Troller dancing with poles and blue mood lights...and dudes with costa sunglasses that are looking for a hook...

Up!

cent frum my notso smart fone

Ok so I am new to lake o trolling what is the proper distance if you should need to cross behind someone and of course not knowing what they are trolling but that doesn't really matter? Hard to judge distance.

Tel the GF to bring 2 hot female friends for my brother and I and we'll let you in on all the secrets!  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:  :lol:  :rofl:

What happens at the Oak.....stays at the oak.

Ok so I am new to lake o trolling what is the proper distance if you should need to cross behind someone and of course not knowing what they are trolling but that doesn't really matter? Hard to judge distance.

400 Yards (1/4 mile)should do it.