Outdrive Replacement

The SEI drives have been around awhile now. I haven't seen any negative posts about them. I paid about $1100 to have the upper section of my Mercruiser outdrive repaired about 12 years ago. I wouldn't have the mechanic waste his time on the old one, if I could buy new with a 3 year warranty for $1100.

I know of a 30' Sportcraft charter boat with a SEI Alpha drive still going strong after 4 years. 

He also tested their no-fault warranty out by not putting any oil in the drive when he first installed it, I think it lasted 3-4 hours without oil then quit.  All he had to do was send it back and they took care of it for him, 100%.

I've purchased replacement trim cylinders from them and they work like the oem. 

I will buy from them again if I need anything.

Why not buy the lower direct add a seloc manual and do it yourself. I think just the lower is considerably cheaper than the whole unit. Thats if you have any mechanical apptitude.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Well finally got boat back yesterday from outdrive repairs, mechanic set me up with a completey rebuilt OEM alpha new bellows and gimbal bearing for 1200.00. Happy to be back on water. Thanks for responses regarding the SEI units. As far as taking on a job myself such as this I know the limits of my mechanical abilities. Now I need to search for a new radar dome as mine got ripped off due to railroad bridge. Hits just keep coming. Did get the new riggers wired up after rain ended yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United