Found sunken boat “Chug-A-Lug� - seeking details of loss

Recently we located a sunken houseboat or party boat north of Oswego with the name Chug-A-Lug

We are interested in learning the details of the loss of this boat. 

Video of the sunken boat will be put up on the Shipwreckworld website in the near future.  

We would appreciate receiving any information on the Chug-A-Lug . Please send email to: [email protected]  

Chug-A-Lug.JPG

Chug-A-Lug  - stern    

Thank you.   Yes this must be the Chug -A-Lug.   It is in over 300 ft of water.   Perhaps they printed something about the loss in the Pall Times.   When I have more information I will put the story and video up on www.shipwreckworld.com.    Thank you to Tall Tails (Capt Brian) and Rustyrat for your fast reply. Jim

There was 2 boats and 1 sank.  It was following to close in 6 to 8 footers and smashed the windshield out from what I remember.  Trout One picked up the captain.  I dont remember who the other responding vessel was on scene.  There was a 3 year old girl on board as well probably why I remember it so well it was gut wrenching listening to it play out.  We responded as we were close by but there were other boats closer that pulled everyone from the water.  They were all lucky there was a tourney that day or I dont think anyone would have been out there...

The more I think about it.  They may have been Canadian or from the thousand island area.

im surprised DEC let them leave the boat down there

prob a nice fine

Who in the heck is gonna pull that thing out of 300fow? It was an accident and I would think the dec did nothing legal about it.

I for one have been pulled out of the water before and its nothing short of scary. Also, everytime I hear of something like this, it hits home hard. Great job to all the boats that helped in that situation.

The houseboat is over +300 fow .  Looking forward to getting more details for a story for Shipwreckworld.com.  Will show the video .  This houseboat wreck is a mess waiting to catch fish lines, anchors, and remote operated vehicles (never to return !!)

The boat that made it back to port followed cold steel to the harbor as they broke the waves for the following vessel.

Uscg should have details

Trout One- captain Jim Carpenter And. The candy vessel. Captain -Andy may be able to give a few more

Great Lake Lure Maker:  I am also finding it hard to believe that the temperature would be nearly 49 degrees.    My experience as a diver is that over +100 ft depth in the early part of the season it is closer to 39 to 40 degrees.   The ROV has had problems with the depth and temperature sensor over the past few weeks.  It was just sent back for repair and calibration.  Jim