Chautauqua Lake is Hot!

Muskie fishing at Chautauqua Lake has been very good since the opener.Dr Dave Palo has averaged 3 to 4 muskies every trip out with a 49 3/4" and many low 40" muskies so far.Both down south and up north! I have heard some fishermen have caught as many as 10 muskies a day!

Edited by mostlymuskies

Everyone I know is doing well. Todd Young has been crushing em on my 5" baits, he had 7 muskies yesterday and a bonus 27" walleye. Mike Sperry has been doing well on my baits also. We were up last weekend and did well also. Gotta weed through the lil ones though but fishing is good.

Edited by zach

And this morning I got a message on FB from a buddy that comes from Ohio. He got a new 5" bait in Perch at the shop and already has over 10 fish on it since he came up to Chautauqua....... fishing is good and my lil baits seem to be getting it done. Stop into Chautauqua Reel Outdoors and support 2 NY small business owners.

53"?,5 muskies by 5pm?, many boats with 3 or 4 fish? Lord do i suck!

I only fished there once...worked my tail off all day 16 hours and caught 1 rock bass...I was adequately humbled.....fish was same size as the lure! There is something about Chautauqua that ive loved since i was a kid at day camp...the ferry was cool too!

The 53" Muskie report turned out to be not true at all, the kid caught a 37"er and yelled to a passing boat that he caught a 53"er, that person in the passing boat called me and told me about the 53"er.Then I talked to the person's that were in the boat and asked for a picture, that is when they told me the kid stretched the truth!

Edited by mostlymuskies

I only fished there once...worked my tail off all day 16 hours and caught 1 rock bass...I was adequately humbled.....fish was same size as the lure! There is something about Chautauqua that ive loved since i was a kid at day camp...the ferry was cool too!

oh good,it's not just me

The 53" Muskie report turned out to be not true at all, the kid caught a 37"er and yelled to a passing boat that he caught a 53"er, that person in the passing boat called me and told me about the 53"er.Then I talked to the person's that were in the boat and asked for a picture, that is when they told me the kid stretched the truth!

Larry, I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of that. A 53" out of Chautauqua would be a great fish! I can't help but think a few are in there, but I don't think I have ever seen a picture of one over 52". You would know better. What was the biggest fish you have ever caught or seen a creditable picture of out of Chautauqua?

The biggest muskie I ever caught at Chautauqua was 50", the biggest I ever seen a picture of was 51".I was hesitate to post the 53" catch, but the information came from a reliable source, that same person also called me back to tell me he found out it was a hoax.