Ruff Rider Sodus Live Report July 4-7 2014

Headed up to the lake now. We will be up until Monday woohoo!!!

The weather forecast doesn't look all that great this weekend, but hopefully we will be able to get out a bit.

The fishing reports I have been hearing have been miserable at best, so no real information to provide.

I'll keep everyone updated with whatever I see or hear though.

Good luck Nick and Theresa....hope the bad weather has passed by you before you took off from there.

Good luck Nick and Theresa....hope the bad weather has passed by you before you took off from there.

Hit some big storms on the way up, but took it slow and it wasn't too bad.

What weather are you looking at? Calling for sunny skies, west to north west winds in Rochester.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yeah it's the west northwest winds that are no good.

A NW wind sure sucks from Sodus in terms of controlling your lines and speed...best of luck to you folks.

A NW wind sure sucks from Sodus in terms of controlling your lines and speed...best of luck to you folks.

Seems to be calming down a bit. West troll into them isnt too bad. Marking, but like last weekend they just arent hungry.

looks to be 3-5 footers @ Webster park if it calms down a bit I wanna get out this afternoon

Yeah picked up out here and is whitecapping now... not a lot of fun. Coast guard just reported an unmanned 16 aluminum in sodus bay... that cant be good.

nick,is your boat trailerable,fishing seneca might be a option on days like this

It is, but we don't have easy access to a vehicle to tow it with. That would be to much of a PIA for just a weekend for us. I do NOT enjoy towing the boat, wayyyy too stressfull for me!

Doubled up on the 75 rigger with a 6lb laker.

Kept circling and circling the dipsey... felt like it was stuck on bottom, but it had only been out a bit over 100ft...

IMAG1427.jpg

Then like a dumbass, I tried to throw it back in the water past my lines, only to have it get in my rigger and force me to reel it all back in. Man my arms are tired!

Edited by Ruff Rider