What if there were no Kings?

See the problem is there is a time and place. If you want to get deep. Start your own topic. This is a light hearted thread ment for salmon fisherman who are hurtingright now because mother nature has been so cruel this year. Ill say it again. You dont get it. You hit this thread talkin about you dont like salmon trolling and its like going to a funeral and saying you never liked the guy being buried. You want ti talk conservation or other species. Start a thread with that dry arse subject. This is what if there were no kings. That would be the day the music died. LONG LIVE THE KING AND THE CRAZY BAS...DS WHO CHASE THEM... KINGS RULE...get it?

Baitrigger thank you it takes a certain skill n person to brave the conditions we deal with my best days are normally the worst weather conditions but we pound it out knowing the pay day these guys are activists that wont quit yipping till they get what they want they probably want a trophy jus for showing up to tournament because they tried id like to c them jig or fly fish in in n east swell with the currant ripping ull find there bout at the dock

Pissin match for sure.

Social Theorem:  Theory of Relativity - Everyone judges their surroundings based on where they are standing in there little place in the world.

Two things I noticed reading this thread is that people are not communicating properly.  1.) No self respecting man likes to be talked down to &  2.) When you start calling people names and doing an impersonation of the mentalist talking about who they are and what they stand for, your argument loses its merrit.

The lake will set up soon - good luck everyone.

I challenge anyone here who has issues with my posts to re-read my first in this thread, especially paragraph #2. Most of the people here seem to not be able to get past paragraph 1 thus their personal affliction with my posts. 

I would also do the same for King Davy's initial post in this thread as well. You will see there has not been any mention by him to say replace 1 species with another, but if one was gone from the biomass, this is the next that he would try and also here is a different way to catch them... 

Well that was very entertaining! Now cant we just buy each other a coke and sing... "id like to teach the world to fish, in perfect harmony.....id like to buy the world a coke and keep it company......" (or there abouts) :)

I challenge anyone here who has issues with my posts to re-read my first in this thread, especially paragraph #2. Most of the people here seem to not be able to get past paragraph 1 thus their personal affliction with my posts. 

I would also do the same for King Davy's initial post in this thread as well. You will see there has not been any mention by him to say replace 1 species with another, but if one was gone from the biomass, this is the next that he would try and also here is a different way to catch them... 

My biggest problem with your philosophy and that of many of the biologist in charge of lake is that you believe the lake's ecosystem is damaged and needs to be restored to some arbitrary period in history.  Yes at one point the lake was filled with Atlantic salmon and Lake Trout, and then humans came and introduced a bunch of new species that changed the entire ecosystem.  Humans then changed that ecosystem again with the introduction of the Pacific Salmon, in my opinion that change was for the better.  Many of us enjoy catching the Pacific’s but now there is a growing opinion in the scientific community that we need to undo this "damage" and restore the lake back to a point before Europeans colonized North America.  Atlantics were extirpated from the lake for a reason, the ecosystem changed and they disappeared from the lake.  Those changes allowed the Pacific Salmon to thrive and are preventing the Atlantics from returning to the lake in any numbers, that is the reality of the lake. Let’s stop wasting time and money and instead put that towards what will actually work and improve the fishery that can and does actually work in the lake as it currently exists.

You have missed the entire point of the thread once again. No where have i stated that the ecosystem has been damaged. No where do I state that it SHOULD be returned to a point in history. The Kings are here to stay, those are the first words in the 2nd paragraph of my first post. 

If the Kings were removed from the system, and all of the other "invasive species" were as well, I would love to see the lake stocked with Atlantics and the entire lake turn to an Atlantic, Steelhead and Brown trout fishery. If the Kings are removed from the lake and the invasives are not, then you will have to potentially put another predator in to manage the invasives. 

Now again for you I even state that it is a "Pipe Dream" in the first post. 

How much more plain to I have to make it for you? People... You have to read more than the first sentence to comprehend the entire post. An argument is a statement or a sentence, and the valid arguments are followed by reasons why... 

Pissin match for sure.

Social Theorem:  Theory of Relativity - Everyone judges their surroundings based on where they are standing in there little place in the world.

Two things I noticed reading this thread is that people are not communicating properly.  1.) No self respecting man likes to be talked down to &  2.) When you start calling people names and doing an impersonation of the mentalist talking about who they are and what they stand for, your argument loses its merrit.

The lake will set up soon - good luck everyone.

yes yes yes

You have missed the entire point of the thread once again. No where have i stated that the ecosystem has been damaged.

You said:

"Kings are now needed, but if there were no invasive species from the ballasts of ships, the zebra or quagga mussels, alewives, etc. I would have loved to see this lake with millions of Atlantics and lakers. Unfortunately it will never happen again and it wasn't from a lack of trying, but years and years and years of the demise of the entire eco-system."

My head hurts from reading this. Why would you come here if you don't like king salmon?????? There must be an atlantic salmon board somewhere that would love to have you DNR. Can we take a ban vote??

KINGS RULE!!!

post-139690-0-56392800-1405113227_thumb.jpg

This board continues to provide me with a ton of sheer entertainment. weekend warriors who don;t take the time to investigate, read or actually do anything to further their knowledge of the Lake, its history, but to beat their chest, have contests to see who can spend the most money on toys, and gripe that their is too much bait, too little bait, too big of waves, too hot, etc. etc. etc. Jump minions... for your job is to entertain me, and your griping is making me lose interest...

This board continues to provide me with a ton of sheer entertainment. weekend warriors who don;t take the time to investigate, read or actually do anything to further their knowledge of the Lake, its history, but to beat their chest, have contests to see who can spend the most money on toys, and gripe that their is too much bait, too little bait, too big of waves, too hot, etc. etc. etc. Jump minions... for your job is to entertain me, and your griping is making me lose interest...

oh good god..........really?? LOL!!!!

oh good god..........really?? LOL!!!!

Yes, now make like a good little minion and show me tons of photos of you with fish that have boarded at the marina and then tossed into your trash, since there is no way that anyone could eat that much of the flesh of the Lake Ontario over-ripened cantaloupe fish....

Edited by DNRoch