Oneida walleye

traveling man

If you check this on your phone, I have been trolling north of the buoy line between 119 and 123 in the 40 foot water.  Lots of eyes out there.  Running the riggers down near bottom with perch f9 rapalas and copper stingers.  the hit the cheaters on the riggers too.  spoons on 30 foot jet divers and deep diving plugs with snap weights to make sure they are running 30 feet plus.  From what I have seen, you will do fine out there with just about anything you put in the water,

Thanks for the pointers. I need to get some jet divers and change some of my brown trout mono reels over to power pro. So far we have caught 7 eyes but 4 were short. We got a late start and they shut off about 930.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Just about ANY deep diver will catch well fished over deep water all day all summer...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Seems to be true.

I used to fish it years ago. It's probably the toughest place I have ever fished. I stopped fishing there because the launch was crappy and the owner was an ass. I have heard the eyes are a little easier to catch there now, but still very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The campground and launch are well run and well kept now. The launch is a bit steep, but deep enough for any deep I/o. As for the eyes they just take more time to learn, but are very catchable for some.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app