How much have you paid per pound for your Salmon

I keep about two 20lb Salmon every year and don't eat anything else out of LO. So I figure it cost me about $125.00 per pound per year for the last 22 years. That's not including gas for the truck or boat.

I figure I've spent well over $110,000.00, over the past 22 years to have the sun shine upon my face, while soaking a lure on Great Lake Ontario.

And guess what?

MY WIFE & I HAVE LOVED EVERY FREAKING MINUTE OF IT!

Some people spend thousands on golf, skiing, going to pro-sporting events etc.  If I had to base it on cost, I would have been out of it along time ago.  I think of all the memories instead and when the end comes, I won't be thinking of all the work or worry that was part of my career that made it all happen, I will be thinking of the boats I owned and the fishing opportunities I had.  

When I go to bed at night it is the hunting and fishing with family and friends that helps me sleep well. If I thought about price per pound I would have nightmares.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm.

No matter who you are or what you have we are all only renting....you can't take any of it with you....it's only money....I'm practicing for next time my wife and I discuss the UPS package that comes addressed to me :lol:

Every year I travel out to Washington State for two weeks of King fishing on the Columbia River, between airfare,fuel for my brothers truck,boat, fishing license, tackle, bait, motel and chips for the smoker and vacuum seal bags, it is about $3000 for two weeks.But lots of Kings over 25 lbs, fresh from the ocean, coho, pinks, sockeye and steelhead!About $15 per lb if we add up all the fish combined!

Edited by mostlymuskies

The cost don't matter it's just fun to be out there. I don't eat the fish. Hell i cost a lot more to keep the wife happy and don't eat that no more either lol

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Now that's priceless......:)

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United