hey Ray,,,,,

call me pitiful on that one ...maybe 5 lbs. rainbows in the lake are far and few,maybe 5or 6 in near 10 years. with that said i have never targeted them with the higher speed recomended 3 to 3.5 mph ,nor have i tried woodchucks though i have many in the box. ive pulled a couple 8 lbrs from catherine creek and released.in my 35 plus years of fishing the creek and pre season scouting on the creek(i have several friends who live with catherine in there back yard) its a no brainer that the (run or spawning fish) population is about 1 tenth of what it was 20 years ago.ill finish my rant later

yea stomach flu................. ;( anyways whith that said there a pretty tuff fish to get ......... some of the old timers and lake dwellers know where the rainbows head after spawning as there a schooling fish the ones ive gotten have been over a 15 mile streach and outof respect for what few rainbow are left i hope they keep that secret to themselfs as this is a good fighter that should be released and until the creek rippers,lifters,and poachers are stopped the population will struggle.there should be a 1 fish limit on these fish in seneca and streams and maybe 1 fish a year over 24 in in length for a trophy mount to be allowed sounds kinda tuff but on the fingers a 7lb rainbow is probly over 7 years old....what was the question?purple yozure crystal minnow took 1 black and silver another simular spoons the rest.all on top (i think) with bumpy water

i couldn't agree with you more, if and when i get one over 5 1/2 lbs. it will be measured weighed and released. reproduction mount for all trout species is the best way to go. more costly than skin mounts but soooo much nicer after a few years of being on the wall. IMHO thanks ray and hope to see you on the water!!! God bless rollie