hows Keuka

I took two friends on Kueka june29. We were on the water by 6AM trolled and jigged until 2PM. Not a hit. Marked tons of fish between 20 and 70 feet. Water temp was 73°.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I don't know what type of fishing you do (methods) but the last time I was out there a couple weeks ago the fleas were terrible and totally choked up just about everything trolling including the downrigger wires. You may want to jig for lakers there out by the bluff in about 125 ft of water or thereabouts...like i said it was a couple weeks ago so just locate them on the finder and start jigging with 1 oz jigs and white plastics.

I'm half-way up the east arm toward Penn Yan..I fished it several times last weekend.. The fish finder showed a lot of bait and some groups of larger fish under them, up around the Viking resort.. I saw some fish near bottom and others at about 60 feet, others at 15 feet.. It was too windy to jig most of the time, and if you were drifting or trolling the fleas were thick.  Thought I felt a few tepid little bumps on the jig but did not catch anything.  Even the rock bass, sunfish, and perch near shore seemed turned off. Then again, if I wanted to make excuses, it was July 4th weekend and a cold front pushed through..

Well I went out the other day and noticed alot of fish at 40 and 80 over about 120-150 I trolled speeds of 1.5-3.0 I changed lures atleast ten times I did pick up a few fleas not many but we only boayed 2 fish barely legals. I and thinking about running some cowbells and dodgers around 1.5 early morning. One think I would love some help on (I know im asking for deep secrets) could someone please help me out on figuring out how to land some elusive keuka browns bows or landlocks. I have never caught anything other than lakers on keuka.

Some of the fish you are marking suspended may or may not be trout. They may be smallmouths they often suspend that way on all these lakes and sometimes you catch them "accidentally" Most of us get caught from time to time thinking everything we see is a trout out there. I've caught smallies on thermocline rigs suspended over 200 plus ft of water several times over the years. In terms of brown trout, rainbows, and landlocks on Keuka...nobody is holding back any "secrets" they are either very reduced in numbers because of the excess lakers or other unidentified factors going on there and I don't think anyone has a handle on it nor are they catching many of them anywhere on the lake.

We played around with a few presentations last week.  We were also marking trout all over the column, just like everyone else says they are doing.  We did not catch any trout.  We saw guys pulling copper catching trout.  I don't pull copper right now, so all I could do was try to send white leadheads with white crystal tubes down.  They got there but the fish didn't seem to care!  We needed some protein for a fish fry that night so we changed over to bass and pan fishing.  Keuka never disappoints there.  We got our fish fry quota and went in to help with the barley and hopps.  At least Keuka never lets you down if you just need fish for the frying pan.  I did however, get my small trolling boat out so I can drag some copper next time I go down.  If you're doing that, the fish are there, but I have had no luck so far with other presentations.  And, yes the fleas are thick as pea soup right now.  You even get them in jigging rods.  Maybe you could try taking some frozen sawbellies and cutting them in half and sending them down on a big lead head.  Sometimes, that triggers a trout strike.  Once you hit a pattern, Keuka gives up her fish, but just like Seneca, finding that pattern is always an elusive task.  Good luck.  Let us know if you find the magic!

Grady

Well I have also been talking to alot of other locals and im hearing all the same results. Even pulling copper isnt working! I have fished this last for about four years now and and can recall many 20+ fish days. I even remember taking friends out and them saying tgey were tired of reeling in fish but nothing this year. Like I said im going to try new presentations with cowbells followed with plugs spoons and flies and peanuts ill definitely report back with how I make out

Couple weeks ago took three small lakers. All came on dipsey towing green atomic fly behind a green flasher at 2.3-2.5 surface speed. Most fish were between 25-70 over 140-150 feet of water. Again that was a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-153876-14049470829871_thumb.jpg