Canandaigua Isle of Weeds

Sounds like an exotic get away...right.? Lemme tell you what,,..there were some weeds coming outa that south end with the south breeze...! Man! One was big enough,... if the Town of Canadaigua saw it,..they would try and charge taxes on it!! This thing was easy 20'long and 8' wide....thick and stringy.

Well..that set up a slalom course of a troll for sure,..I tried to start at White Rock,..SE cornor of the Lake,..but that was the Worst spot to go.. :mooning: ..so I found out,...

But I kept it steady to the North to Whiskey Point,..Picked up a nice dinner bow on the side pole Sutton 61...little guy lure..100 TL 30oz..2nd lead down..using my highly questionable math,...bout 60' down.

Now that my Merc has double mulched half the weeds in the lake,..I pull a hard left for the west side....Screen goes blank with the exceptin of some schools of bait 20-30' over 175....

With the wind going into overdrive...I had to aim more south...(I did not want to see the beach at the N end !) and picked up another 18" bow on the float this time..2nd lead down,..50'TL 20 oz.....using my really poor math again,,..throw the dart out there,,,mmmm bout 45' down

Then the jets ski's and ski boats started showing up,..the wind dropped off for a bit,..and I hit the s end launch with out too much traffic 12;30...

Heres a pic of the weeds,...Not like you haven't seen em,..jeez..!just passing clean of my wire rig- Good luck..Tight Lines

post-151849-0-74620000-1404744196_thumb.jpg