Bones discovered at local beach

I have vague memories of a skeletal foot getting hooked by a person pike fishing from where the I-Bay public launch is now located, around 1980?  Most of the Bay access points were pretty secluded back then, before all the development started. Convenient....

There used to be a few fisherman at Russel Power Station every year who got sucked into the current and drowned. some were never found back. It could be one of them.

Im amazed how a human body remains are found and people can make jokes about it. Hope it never happens to a loved one of theirs. Some people really arent worth anything to society.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes, it would be good if forensics can determine, if human, by linking to any missing persons DNA database any possible DNA recovered, the exact or possible identity of who the bones belong too.....Seems like a long shot....all the way around. Cool things happen, though....

Even smaller lakes take time to give up there victims.  I know of one case where a body was found around a year after a person drowned in Conesus Lake so if this is a human remain is could have been there for quite awhile and originated from a good distance.

As far as the joking people tend to do here on this subject,  I agree that people need to be respectful but joking is a mechanism a lot of us use for subjects like this as a bit of a defense, sometimes without thinking it through.  Fishing the Big Lake especially reminds all of us that we could be that body in the water.  No matter how much you watch the weather reports, watch the sky, buy quality safety equipment or try to be really cautious ,we are at the mercy out there of a unpredictable and unforgiving big lake and despite all efforts is punishes the smallest mistakes.  So I am sure that now disrespect was meant, it's a good group of people here that would hate to think of thier family, friends or themselves in that position.

Pvelyk, you stated that perfectly. Nobody ever wishes that upon anybody and humor is a relieving tool that can help take hurt out of a situation such as this because we all know that we could be on either end of the spectrum with the dangers of the unpredictable, uncontrollable, nature of the big lake. Humor can be taken too far but like anything it can be opinionated by the person reading it.

If however this actually turns out to be human remains, I pray they can identify the person and give the friends and family closure.

-Brad

Sent from my C771 using Lake Ontario United mobile app