Great Sacandaga

OK guys- i am out here at great sacandaga lake lookin for pike. Have been here since sat and have had limited success with smallies/perch (family trip) but no toothies. I know they are not very abundant, and i am here the wrong time of year, but can anyone give any pointers? Brought some of my muskie baits, and have tried trolling and even live bait. Tough lake to figure out.... I am staying by the damn in Mayfield if that helps. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Grew up across the street and fished everyday as a kid.  Tough pike fishing this time of the year, but might be able to pull one near shore/structure.  My suggestion would be head down towards Sinclair point and throw some plugs or throw out some live bait.  They always pull some monsters in the spring and during ice fishing season so they are definitely in there.  Bass fishing was always decent, walleye is hit or miss with a lot of dinks and you're pretty pumped with 15-20" fish.  Good Luck! 

I live in northville. I would troll the islands toward the middle of the lake.,early morning or late afternoon. The lake is really high and the islands provide allot of ambush cover. Look for areas that have close access to deeper water.,if u want to venture further, head north toward the bachelor file bridge. Go past the bridge until u hit the sharp bend in the lake.,hit that nm corner.,a nice creek comes in there and always holds northerns. A closer spot for u would be to head behind sand island and scout island.mthey are pretty much due east of u. Good luck.,I ice fish and spring fish the lake. This spring was exceptional, got many northerns over 42" and a few pushing 48"

• 1 month later...